Happy Pi day

bflynn

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Brian Flynn
As irrational as it is, today...3-14 is Pi day. Seems like it never ends.

Have some pi. There's plenty to go around.

This is POA...so there must be a dissenting opinion. We need to get back to fundamentals here folks so we can truly appreciate and utilize Pi. This day should be called “ratio day” or “the ratio of the circumference to the diameter day.” Simply calling it Pi day overlooks the hard work of ancient Greeks and other assorted fraternity types.

Perhaps one should go fly a DME arc or turns around a point today.

As a friend commented years ago, "Mathematicians are wrong. Any country boy will tell you that pie are round. Cornbread are square!"

As a friend commented years ago, "Mathematicians are wrong. Any country boy will tell you that pie are round. Cornbread are square!"

I had a brief moment of excitement when John told me it was Pi day...My first thought was ooooh I need to bake a pie. Wrong kind of Pi, I was so disappointed.

This is POA...so there must be a dissenting opinion. We need to get back to fundamentals here folks so we can truly appreciate and utilize Pi. This day should be called “ratio day” or “the ratio of the circumference to the diameter day.” Simply calling it Pi day overlooks the hard work of ancient Greeks and other assorted fraternity types.

You should be able to calculate Pi just in case of an emergency. What if your calculator fails?:)

National Peach Cobbler day is April 13th and Cherry Cobbler day is May 17th.

Back