Kentucky Dam PoA fly-in... (M34 Apr 26-29) who's coming?

Oh oh, conflict! Wife wants to drive across the state for the weekend with the car club . . . . Instead of flying the length of the state plus two more in less time . . . Decisions, decisions!

Oh oh, conflict! Wife wants to drive across the state for the weekend with the car club . . . . Instead of flying the length of the state plus two more in less time . . . Decisions, decisions!

Let her drive!

What's that have to do with you? :)

Hey are forum newb's allowed? I'm picking up a '47 Taylorcraft the week before from NC. This looks like a good shakedown flight for me from Central Ohio.

Hey are forum newb's allowed? I'm picking up a '47 Taylorcraft the week before from NC. This looks like a good shakedown flight for me from Central Ohio.

Come on down, you're the next contestant on.......

I was just looking at the sheet... Sorry @SixPapaCharlie, but you can't win the distance trophy because your airport is 11.5 nm closer to the dam than mine!

here are the qualifications for the trip:

-have u ever offended anyone on PoA?
-ever been banned?
-is Bonanza the best plane of all time?
-boobs (like 'em OR have 'em)?
-ever reported a post? (actually this is a disqualification)
-ever disagreed with anyone on PoA?
-do u eat a burger in a bun or wrapped in lettuce?
-do like farm animals wink wink?
-wait, did you say '47 Taylorcraft? heck yeah, c'mon down!!!

where in NC are you picking her up?

also, if you're really interested, apparently the prices are starting to creep up so I'd book something soon........

Should I add this to the sheet?

-have u ever offended anyone on PoA?
-ever been banned?
-is Bonanza the best plane of all time?
-boobs (like 'em OR have 'em)?
-ever reported a post? (actually this is a disqualification)
-ever disagreed with anyone on PoA?
-do u eat a burger in a bun or wrapped in lettuce?
-do like farm animals wink wink?
-wait, did you say '47 Taylorcraft? heck yeah, c'mon down!!!

My answers:
Probably
Yes
No
Like 'em
Yes (even some of my own)
HELL YAH!
Bun (I don't want none unless it's gotz buns hun) <-- not mine, props to Sir Mix-A-Lot
HELL NO!

Let's see ...

-have u ever offended anyone on PoA? Not yet. I'll work on this.
-ever been banned? Lol. Nope.
-is Bonanza the best plane of all time? Yup.
-boobs (like 'em OR have 'em)? Yup.
-ever reported a post? (actually this is a disqualification) Nope.
-ever disagreed with anyone on PoA? Yep.
-do u eat a burger in a bun or wrapped in lettuce? I shoot, butcher and grind my own meat.
-do like farm animals wink wink? Yes, either on the stove or in the oven.
-wait, did you say '47 Taylorcraft? heck yeah, c'mon down!!! :)

I'm buying Zenda's BC12 at W88.

Probably
No
No
Like 'em
No
Bun
Define farm
No, just J model Bo

Isn't Lambert's the home of the "Throwed Roll"

Yeah, and there was a church group there recently and a lady in the group got hit in the eye with one. Detached her retina IIRC. She sued. As someone here noted at the time, at least she didn't get a yeast infection.

Last edited:
Unfortunately, my niece is getting married (in Sikeston) April 28 so I’m not going to be able to even come for a day despite being very close.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yeah, and there was a church group there recently and a lady in the group got hit in the eye with me. Detached her retina IIRC. She sued. As someone here noted at the time, at least she didn't get a yeast infection.
Yep, saw that, I think she sued for $25K

Yeah, and there was a church group there recently and a lady in the group got hit in the eye with one. Detached her retina IIRC.

I mean what did they do, throw her a fastball with a roll? How does a roll detach your retina unless it's coming at you at 80 miles an hour? It's soft. It's a ROLL for crying out loud. :rolleyes:

I think the waitress was a pitcher for the local college and was working on her fast pitch. Rumor has it, she used to date the woman's son and he did her wrong. I can imagine why pitch from one of these gals doing quite a bit of damage.

The story you just read is a complete fabrication and bears no truth at all. In addition, No rolls were mistreated in the telling of this tale.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Back