Starting my 22nd Annual Today

AKBill

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
AKBill
Starting my 22nd annual today on my little Beech B-19.I think it should go pretty smooth. Did a lot of work last year, just basic stuff tires, tubes, brakes, scat hoses, engine baffle.

Weather turned warm yesterday a lot of the snow is gone. Should be a simple preheat and move into a hanger.

I do Dred removing the interior, floor panels, head liner and such. I'm 60 and spending 3 to 4 hours on my knees inside the cabin is not fun. Hope to have annual signed off by Monday...:)

You kept a Mouse for 22 years? I don't know whether to congratulate you or suggest psychiatric therapy.

I did a bit of a "sequential annual" last month. Brakes/bearings one week, empennage the next, and FWF/linkages/plumbing on the third. Finished it off with a thorough cleaning, including the belly.

Yeah, the interior stuff is the worst for us AARP amateur contortionists. Sometimes I get cramps in my hip muscles, if that's possible. :eek:

I would guess you have a good understanding of the aircraft and it’s works.

I would guess you have a good understanding of the aircraft and it’s works.
The Sport is a pretty basic plane, I know it inside and out. Underpowered and slow, built like a brick Chit house, fun to fly..:) Got compressions done today, tomorrow starts the real work.

Last edited:
Back