Malaysia Airlines Flight 370

What mystery? It crashed in the ocean and everybody on board perished.

The Captain did it.

It was well known that he was upset with the crooked government in Malaysia. As a Captain of his nation’s flagship airline, a suicide crash was a protest statement he could make, to embarrass the government.

The smoking gun: the FBI found evidence that he practiced the suicide flight on his home simulator. No doubt he did it.

The only reason there is no official statement is that the US leaves that to Malaysia, and the government Malaysia won’t say it because it would embarrass them.

The Captain did it.

It was well known that he was upset with the crooked government in Malaysia. As a Captain of his nation’s flagship airline, a suicide crash was a protest statement he could make, to embarrass the government.

The smoking gun: the FBI found evidence that he practiced the suicide flight on his home simulator. No doubt he did it.

The only reason there is no official statement is that the US leaves that to Malaysia, and the government Malaysia won’t say it because it would embarrass them.

And the FO went along with it because potato?

And the FO went along with it because potato?

The FO went along with it because everyone knows in Asian societies questioning a superior risks causing them to lose face, bring permanent disgrace on to their family, and evil spirits to haunt yours for generations. :rolleyes:

I wonder if we'll ever find any substantial wreckage from it.. what was found so far, just an aileron, part of an engine cowl, that's about it.. right?

I wonder if we'll ever find any substantial wreckage from it.. what was found so far, just an aileron, part of an engine cowl, that's about it.. right?

Yeah...and considering those parts would not have likely just floated back to the top after the crash that tells me they were nowhere close on their initial surface and deep sea search area.

Wasn't there another fairly recent flight where they couldn't located the wreckage before the pingers died? ...makes me wonder if there is something better in the works...or if not there should be.

The Captain did it.

While I tend to believe it was an intentional act by the captain, I’m not so sure about the motivation you stated. If he wanted the crash to be a political statement, he should have made the wreckage easy to find. Plus he should have dropped a letter to several media outlets explaining it in the mail just before his flight. The simulator practice runs that you described makes it look like a well thought out plan to fly to a remote ocean location and crash it there. That tends to go against the idea of an attempt to make a statement. So yeah, the captain most likely did it but a statement he did not make.

Pffttt everyone knows it was Putin and the Russians. C'mon!

Y'all forgetting history when the Russians attacked Pearl Harbor already?

I'm not certain about that part. I'm not sure if in the US the government would say with certainty that he did it were this a US airline, but I think it would be listed as a likely conclusion. The evidence certainly points that direction and I agree the captain did it, though.

I heard on the internet a couple people survived and they're still swimming to shore. so stuff that in your mystery pipe and smoke it.
/carson=on
I did not know that
/carson=off

The Captain did it.

Why would you need to practice setting the autopilot and letting it fly until the plane runs out of gas? What does a simulator record if you start flying in one direction and then go to a movie?

Why would you need to practice setting the autopilot and letting it fly until the plane runs out of gas?

It's well documented that people will often practice a suicide before they do. People who shoot themselves in the head will practice with an unloaded gun. Most people don't just wake up one day and decide "I'm gonna go off myself today," it's typically a road they walk down for some time before they get to the end. The German Wings pilot I believe was also found to have create a flight simulator and have practiced the same crash that he ultimately did. We're programmed to not want to die, so even those who become suicidal generally have to work themselves up to it.

For those of us who are not suicidal (and haven't studied psychology) it's hard to understand. I about ended up with a minor in psych in college.

What does a simulator record if you start flying in one direction and then go to a movie?

The same thing, hence why they can't prove it with certainty and I don't think the US authorities would say it was the definite cause, just a most likely. Unless there was a note or CVR in which case you could prove it.

Here's a pretty good tutorial on how the satellite communications was used to calculate possible crash sites:

https://www.cambridge.org/core/jour.../D2D1C4C99E7BFDE35841CFD70081114A/core-reader

What I can't find anymore is the ACARS transmission timeline that explained how it works. There were automatic transmissions scheduled every hour or so. Even with the transponder off, the 777 would transmit engine performance parameters to Rolls Royce and possibly Boeing(?). Somewhere, years ago, I found something that explained the scenarios behind each transmission. The final transmission was apparently triggered when the engines flamed out, the APU, or RAT, or whatever, kicked on and the ACARS system rebooted and attempted to log on. That final transmission is what was recorded by a satellite, and that satellite location was used to triangulate a position of the aircraft at that time. That's the info that was used for establishing the search boxes. Table 1 in this report has the timeline of the transmissions, but not the explanation of each of them. There was also a ground to air phone call that was unanswered, but that transmission was apparently received by the aircraft. Somewhere else I read that a phone call would have reset the data transmission timers, if you look at Table 1 you can sort of see that happen.

The cargo manifest listed something like 2,300kg of cargo from one shipper that contained lithium ion batteries. I think the actual battery wt was around 200kg and the rest was cables, chargers, and other equipment packed together. I think that part of the cargo raised the suspicion of an onboard fire.

To add fuel to the fire could've been a misinformation campaign as a cover up. Another theory has been proposed that perhaps the aircraft was hacked. However, the motives and who-dunnit conversations for that theory quickly go to "Crazy Town".

It's well documented that people will often practice a suicide before they do. People who shoot themselves in the head will practice with an unloaded gun. Most people don't just wake up one day and decide "I'm gonna go off myself today," it's typically a road they walk down for some time before they get to the end. The German Wings pilot I believe was also found to have create a flight simulator and have practiced the same crash that he ultimately did. We're programmed to not want to die, so even those who become suicidal generally have to work themselves up to it.

For those of us who are not suicidal (and haven't studied psychology) it's hard to understand. I about ended up with a minor in psych in college.

The same thing, hence why they can't prove it with certainty and I don't think the US authorities would say it was the definite cause, just a most likely. Unless there was a note or CVR in which case you could prove it.
But nobody believes he actually hand flew to the Indian Ocean. So what was he rehearsing? You can't practice knocking out the FO and venting the cabin on a simulator.

also, is it possible that this dude set up this flight on his sim, started the flight, then like had to walk his dog or something and just let the plane fly until it ran out of gas? then the authorities/media claimed he was practicing?

But nobody believes he actually hand flew to the Indian Ocean. So what was he rehearsing? You can't practice knocking out the FO and venting the cabin on a simulator.

I'm not an expert psychologist, and certainly not an expert on suicide or suicidal thoughts having never been there. But it's still pushing the buttons that you know are going to have the end result.

also, is it possible that this dude set up this flight on his sim, started the flight, then like had to walk his dog or something and just let the plane fly until it ran out of gas? then the authorities/media claimed he was practicing?

Yes, I think it's highly likely he woked his dog.

Yes, I think it's highly likely he woked his dog.
I think they are more accustomed to seafood and chicken. Woking the dog is more common to the north isn’t it?

Very possible. I have not seen anything that convinces me the pilot had anything to do with it. A flight simulator log on his MSFS or X-Plane or whatever is pretty useless. For all they know he had a few buddies over, they were drunked up, and hand flying the 777 in some exciting ways. God knows what you'd find on my X-Plane logs. A guy can't even get drunk and play X-Plane anymore without worrying about someone trying to use it as evidence against them someday in the real world.

I'm sure they've searched the path of the flight simulator log and they found nothing. No airliner. If anything that makes the evidence even more meaningless. Hell of a lot better to blame the pilot than it is anything else. That's easier on economies and companies and stuff.

Not the first time something vanished into the ocean never to be found again. Won't be the last time either.

Pffttt everyone knows it was Putin and the Russians. C'mon!

Y'all forgetting history when the Russians attacked Pearl Harbor already?

Attachments

• 3E949F22-CC0D-4C52-BD7D-41B54D1831DA.jpeg
    3E949F22-CC0D-4C52-BD7D-41B54D1831DA.jpeg
    190.3 KB · Views: 44
Very possible. I have not seen anything that convinces me the pilot had anything to do with it. A flight simulator log on his MSFS or X-Plane or whatever is pretty useless. For all they know he had a few buddies over, they were drunked up, and hand flying the 777 in some exciting ways. God knows what you'd find on my X-Plane logs. A guy can't even get drunk and play X-Plane anymore without worrying about someone trying to use it as evidence against them someday in the real world.

I'm sure they've searched the path of the flight simulator log and they found nothing. No airliner. If anything that makes the evidence even more meaningless. Hell of a lot better to blame the pilot than it is anything else. That's easier on economies and companies and stuff.

Not the first time something vanished into the ocean never to be found again. Won't be the last time either.
Exactly! That's what I've been saying from day one. You'd find all kinds of whacky **** in my simulator logs. In fact, a couple of months ago I had my 9 yr old niece over and she wanted to try uncle's flightsim (for the first time). I put her in a Cessna 172 over the highly detailed scenery in AFS2.
To my surprise, she picked up on the basic control inputs of the yoke and before long, she was flying under bridges, doing loops and rolls over Central Park, etc.
Then, my 12 yr old son took to the controls after she took a break. Being a kid, he thought he'd show off a bit and said he wanted to crash into some buildings.
I said.. "no, out of respect we won't be doing any of that".
Although the thought never crossed my mind at that time, but lord, can you imagine what I'd be subjected to if "they" investigated my home-built flight simulator??? :eek:. (a hobby of mine for several decades).

Nope, I'm NOT convinced...MH370

Why was the transponder turned off on MH370.?

Ok, I know that without finding the plane it is impossible to determine whether the transponder was turned off or if by some coincidence it just stopped working at the specific time the plane turned off course. But the transponders were turned off on 3 out of 4 hijacked planes on 9/11, and the 4th plane the code was changed.

I don't have the answer, that is why I ask the question.

Back