Stuff needed for a hangar

Great ideas- I didnt think about rolling carts. I guess I need to visit my nearest Harbor Freight.

@eman1200 - great f'ing video. Loved it. But I dont understand. Dont you just press the button and the door opens by itself?

I got a hangar at ARR. Its more than I wanted to pay, but I am told its more because its right by a pilot lounge and a hot water tap.

I hear the answers about beer, but like Miller Lite or Bud Light?

I did meet a guy with a hangar across the way. He is re-building a Baby Ace and he mentioned he has a full tool chest. So I guess the real answer is all I need is his hangar key and some beer as payment..

BEER!

fridge-full-of-beer-002.jpg

I'm pretty sure you meant to type "WENCH!"

A camera. Very helpful to photograph or video stuff as you take it apart. Yes, a cell phone will work, but to me a dedicated little point-&-shoot is handier and quicker.

Did anyone mention a first aid kit?

With all these suggestion is seems like the last thing you need is an airplane cluttering up your hangar......:lol::lol:

Right.

I'll be generous and volunteer to keep the plane for you. I promise to see that it gets regular exercise.

I got a hangar at ARR. Its more than I wanted to pay, but I am told its more because its right by a pilot lounge and a hot water tap.
Nice. I'm in hangar 91. It's the first row west of the pilot lounge. We'll have to meet up one day. If you ever see a jacked up black truck there swing by and say hi. Skyhaven/KARR is a great place to be.

Didn’t see it suggested, but I’d think a small shop-vac and decent drum or oscillating fan would be nice to have as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Okay - I’m completely jealous...I’ve been searching for hangar space for months near KSUT (Cape Fear - NC) with no luck, and I’m sitting on a waiting list that’s likely a decade long.

aight @charheep I got a coupl'a hangar ideas on video. these were some of my first additions.

sorry this video is so long. no, wait, I mean sorry it's so stupid. it's not long. but it is stupid.

This would have worked a whole lot better if the door had opened to the Swedish Bikini Team, draped all over your plane.

I have central vac in my hangar along with two overhead fans which are kind of weak, we're thinking of replacing them with "big assed fans."

I do have a "movin cool" portable AC there though.

I have central vac in my hangar along with two overhead fans which are kind of weak, we're thinking of replacing them with "big assed fans."

How much longer before the Navion is flyable again? Or did I miss its return?

I'd just get one of the portable drum-style shop fans. They move a lot of air even on low-speed and can be stored out of the way when not needed. One of the 42" 2-speed belt-driven fans works great in the garage or shop.

Back