F-104 Starfighter Flight Training

mscard88

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Mark
Starfighters.jpg

https://generalaviationnews.com/201...craft+of+all+time?&utm_campaign=TPOA-20180305

FL360 and subsonic only? Pffttt...

Sign. Me. Up!
Never had a chance to the F-Rocket. They were already being used as target drones in 1971.

Nowhere does it say how much it costs. "If you have to ask..."

Sign. Me. Up!
Never had a chance to the F-Rocket. They were already being used as target drones in 1971.

Even your old bird (F100) was used as a target drone Shep. I think they just finished with F4s, now they're using older block F16s down at Tyndall. I'm sure they would of used the 105s but too many were lost in VM, 300-400 of them I think.

Last edited:
"How high and fast will I fly during my F-104 training? The parameters of your training flight will be established during a pre-flight briefing with your instructor and are determined by flight conditions, training needs and FAA restrictions. Most likely, you’ll conduct flight operations at around 36,000 feet and experience near-supersonic speeds."

I did that as a passenger in a 7something7 for a whole lot less. But then again it wasn't in a F-104.

I would think at least one flight would be out over the Atlantic at more than mach 1.0

Stick em up!
Put your money in the bag.
I'm trying to get enough to sign up to fly the F-104.

Big salute to all who flew the "missile with wings" successfully.

Not sure whether you realize that you can clean up the link to not have all the tracking and search information in it but I did it in this one to demonstrate.
The benefit is yours to gain since most of these email tracking links count how many times you visit a webpage from their email which translates into how much c*ap they will email you later. :)

The comments section says $30K for 7 flights.
That is cheaper than most fighter jet rides I've read about. Haven't done one yet but saving up money to go up sometime for sure.

Not sure whether you realize that you can clean up the link to not have all the tracking and search information in it but I did it in this one to demonstrate.
The benefit is yours to gain since most of these email tracking links count how many times you visit a webpage from their email which translates into how much c*ap they will email you later. :)

That is cheaper than most fighter jet rides I've read about. Haven't done one yet but saving up money to go up sometime for sure.

No, didn't know that, nor how to do that.

Back