Neat runway and quick turn... New Zealand cropduster

ElPaso Pilot

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
ElPaso Pilot
Haven't seen this one before. 1 min 18 sec from short final to full stop, 180 turnaround, hopper fill, takeoff, and departure turn.

Look how quickly the gear squats down as he takes on a load of lime (?) per the narrator.

Nice runway, too! (Vertical video warning)

That’s awesome. Not sure how I feel about that runway situation.

@RJM62 is going to have an aneurism when he sees this

What runway? :eek2:

That dude is one helluva pilot! :yesnod:

Makes me think of all the property I’ve never considered before that would be perfect for a cabin and an airstrip.

Think of all the fun to be had with a fly-in and a web cam running...

That’s awesome. Not sure how I feel about that runway situation.

@RJM62 is going to have an aneurism when he sees this

Well, it sort of makes sense in that one considering her view of the runway. But my guys are already forgetting their lesson. I rejected three vertical videos last week (although one also had a resolution problem).

Rich

I wondered with that short a vid if we were going to see a downwind takeoff. Upwind would have been quite the launch off the ramp!

Rather generous to call that a runway. Two-track with temporary use by an airplane might be a more accurate description.

As a Chem handler, I could tell what the wind was doing without a windsock.

It wouldn’t surprise me if they always takeoff and land the way they did regardless of the wind direction.
Yup, pretty much a oneway runway. Either they can use it as configured or it can’t be used. I assume folks see the concrete pad that the loader uses.

Crop duster half pipe!! o_O

OlympicPipe-SDN-120717-1-2-1240x850.jpg

Wow! I'll bet he's done that a few times before. I wonder what his turnaround time was the first few times he did it?

Looks like 5 more degrees F and the runway would be too short for takeoff. Maybe reduced loads?

First thing I noticed was the green grass, then the mud flaps, then the airplane.

I had to go back and watch it again to see if there was anything unusual about the runway.

Wind can matter for the handlers. Not doing lime. That wouldn’t matter much other than staying clean. Even with the wind right you don’t want to breath it because it’s such a fine dust so a mask is necessary for smart people but it’s not poisonous. The really nasty stuff is not as common anymore. The one I hate working with the most is paraquat. (C6H7N)2]Cl2 For the organic chemistry guys. It is nasty. It has fallen by the wayside for the most part. I haven’t had anyone want to use it for a couple years now.

Yeah, I remember when the paraquat laced marijuana scare came out back in the day. The stuff is supposed to be pretty nasty.

Back