Dr Bruce?

Cooter

Ejection Handle Pulled
Display Name

Display name:
Cooter
@bbchien,

Do you accept PMs? I have a question I don’t want to share with the masses.

Dear Dr. Bruce,

In the near future timwinters will be moving to my area. It's causing me great angst. I haven't slept in days thinking about how he will destroy our community, damned commie bastard that he is.

Will the FAA pull my medical if I shoot him?

Sign me,
Concerned in Webster County.

--------------------------------------

Dear Concerned,

No, the FAA won't penalize you for taking an action such as this. It IS timwinters after all. Even the FAA knows he's a bastage worthy of a bullet. In fact, I have it on good authority that he's a foreign national and is next on Robert Mueller's indictment list thus an award might even be in order.

Signed,
Dr. Bruce

I was hoping this would go unnoticed.....but since that didn't happen, lets just say I'm asking for a friend.;)

Last edited:
c'mon we're all family here. (unless its a tmi)
Besides, multiple free incorrect diagnoses and treatments - who could refuse that?
/kidding. Hope it's not serious and more importantly, that it doesn't affect your flying!

:yeahthat:

Hope everything works out for you,if anyone can help,Dr Bruce can.

Seeking out Dr. Bruce’s counsel isn’t a good thing. But thank you.
Not always a negative. On occasion, I've asked him for suggestions for discussions with my local physicians. For example, I expect to have knee replacement this summer. He's mentioned topics for me to discuss with my physicians concerning the obligatory heavy dose pain killers the surgeons always want to prescribe, with the caveat, of course, that the surgeons are much more aware of the need than he is, hundreds of miles away. But they are valid concerns that I would not have considered but wouldn't even know about without asking him.

Cooter, hope everything works out all right. Having received an "Oh crap, is my career over?" letter from OKC myself, I can assure you the Dr. Bruce is the man to guide you through whatever lies ahead of you.

Just go to the free clinic and use a fake name like the rest of us.....

And hope you will get it worked out soon.

Just go to the free clinic and use a fake name like the rest of us.....

images

There's a waiver for most anything these days. The trick is to get it AFTER you get your wings. Life ain't fair and the other 2 rules of life, et al.

There's a waiver for most anything these days. The trick is to get it AFTER you get your wings. Life ain't fair and the other 2 rules of life, et al.

There are. But I’ve learned to stay clear of them as much as possible. If it can be avoided, avoid it. Flight Docs can often interpret the rules favorably or unfavorably and one not-so-good decision can cost you valuable months of flying. The rules also change so what may be waiverable now, may not be in the future or the conditions for the waiver may change. One other thing I wish I’d been told earlier on, is to schedule with the Flight Doc, not the PA.

Tell your “friend” that Herpes isn’t a grounding condition. Treat the symptoms with OTC drugs and he’ll be fine. There, saved you a trip to the doc. ;)

Seriously though, I hope this is a minor issue and waiverable.

Last edited:
There are. But I’ve learned to stay clear of them as much as possible. If it can be avoided, avoid it. Flight Docs can often interpret the rules favorably or unfavorably and one not-so-good decision can cost you valuable months of flying. The rules also change so what may be waiverable now, may not be in the future or the conditions for the waiver may change. One other thing I wish I’d been told earlier on, is to schedule with the Flight Doc, not the PA.
Sadly, this is true. I had a letter of eligibility that was rescinded a decade later, with no change in my health status. Suddenly I was back to $2k a year for imaging tests to satisfy conditions for an SI. It's as if someone at OKC just decided, that needs an SI and by golly, we're gonna force her to get one.

I take it Basic Med is not an option for you? Though it's not a perfect solution, it does work for many of us who would otherwise have to shell out money unnecessarily to satisfy the FAA.

[QUOTE="azure, post: 2470718, member: 270"]I take it Basic Med is not an option for you? Though it's not a perfect solution, it does work for many of us who would otherwise have to shell out money unnecessarily to satisfy the FAA.[/QUOTE]

Not for now, I need a First Class.

[QUOTE="azure, post: 2470718, member: 270"]I take it Basic Med is not an option for you? Though it's not a perfect solution, it does work for many of us who would otherwise have to shell out money unnecessarily to satisfy the FAA.

Not for now, I need a First Class.[/QUOTE]
You mean your friend needs a first class med. ;)

:dunno: I’m obviously not very good at this.

No RIO to hold your hand, you become an idiot. Seen it over and over again . . .

JK, good luck brother, jousting with Oklahoma City sucks, we continue to do that in our family (successfully, thanks to Bruce). The non-AME doc is amazed how often he has to write a 'Yep, still cured!' letter.

This reminds me why I don't bother with medical cert anymore. Too much work. Or BFRs either, cause they always ask questions like 'where's your medical cert?'

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back