NA anyone know about telescopes?

If I might make an unconventional suggestion... Get her a set of night vision optics. The night sky away from civilization seen through an NV scope is beyond my about to describe, but perhaps this anecdote will convey since measure:

Doing night-fire in basic, I turned my NODS up instead of downrange... Five minutes later when I could breath again, I realized my drill sergeant was trying to get my attention. Only time he didn't make me do pushups: I just pointed up and said "Holy ****, drill sergeant" and he grinned and went to find someone else to yell at.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

$30 more - see the option on Amazon
Ahh, I didn't look close enough. Only an extra $30?

I've had enough fun star hopping to find whatever it is I'm looking for. Problem is, some of those deep space objects are so faint, it's really hard to know when you are looking at them. It would be nice to know that you are actually pretty close.

Other times, I get onto something after looking for a while, then take my eye off it for just a few seconds, and it's already moved out of the FOV, then I bump the scope in the wrong direction, and have to start all over. Fun times!

It's been a lot of fun over the years.

Back