Basic Med Physical in Dallas?

Volitation

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Volitation
My PCP says her practice won’t allow her to do a Basic Med physical, and so far haven’t found a clinic that will perform the exam.

Does anyone have any recommendations in or around Dallas?

Last edited:
My PCP says her practice won’t allow her to do a Basic Med physical, and so far haven’t found a clinic that will perform the exam.

Does anyone have any recommendations in or around Dallas?
Got mine done at a clinic not that far from you.... Last May the day after the option for BasicMed went live.

Minor Emergency of Denton, https://www.urgentcareclinicdenton.com/
4400 Teasley Ln., Ste. 200, Denton, Texas 76210, near the Walgreens Shopping center on the corner of Hickory Creek Road and Teasley Lane
Dr. Andrew J. Blankenau, MD

I brought in not only the form with my info already added, but also all of the various "Share this with the doctor" information that was on the AOPA website.

This clinic is well known in the community for doing a good job with physicals for DOT, school, sports, camps, and more. I picked a time when Google said they were not going to be busy, told the intake nurse what I was wanting to do and handed over the copies of the "Share this..." information. She said the weren't setup as an Aviation Medical Examiner, but she would go ask the doctor if this type of physical can be done.. Dr. Blankenau showed up at the desk a few minutes later with a few questions which I answered. He then determined is was nothing terribly different than the DOT physicals he does for truck drivers and said he would do it.

One of the nurses did all the preliminary items (height, weight, eye chart, BP, etc), and then Dr. Blankenau did the exam himself, including checking my exhaust port. He was super friendly, wanted to know more about aviation in general and my flying in particular.

So I had a great experience. Hopefully you will too.

PS... so when are we gonna link up and hangar fly?

nothing terribly different than the DOT physicals

The DOT physical seems to be a useful thing to mention.

That's how I managed to find a family-practice doctor who would do a Basic Med exam. I asked around for one who does DOT exams. Then I contacted his office, and a week before my appointment I mailed him the FAA form, plus the AOPA guide that Mike mentioned. After all that, when I showed up all was good.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back