Got to take some timid passengers up today

SixPapaCharlie

May the force be with you
Display Name

Display name:
Sixer
My sister has always been a sort of nervous flyer. My nieces are also iffy on flying.
Today I took all 3 of them up. There was a lengthy briefing about what to expect, what our options were if someone got uncomfortable, etc. None of that is in the video.

Once we rotated, they were loving life.
We flew for food, flew to meet my parents (they were flying for lunch) and when we flew back the girls each asked for a flight with them in the front seat.

Really one of the better flying days. Both girls are asking how old they have to be to take flying lessons now.

Cool beans Bryan!

Damn you talk fast, make a mighty fine controller...

My sister has always been a sort of nervous flyer. My nieces are also iffy on flying.
Today I took all 3 of them up. There was a lengthy briefing about what to expect, what our options were if someone got uncomfortable, etc. None of that is in the video.

Once we rotated, they were loving life.
We flew for food, flew to meet my parents (they were flying for lunch) and when we flew back the girls each asked for a flight with them in the front seat.

Really one of the better flying days. Both girls are asking how old they have to be to take flying lessons now.

Mom's probably going to say "only with uncle Bryan." ya gotta start working on CFI

Mom's probably going to say "only with uncle Bryan." ya gotta start working on CFI

I would like to end up that route. If not only to try and create a legit flight training video series with a hint of fun to it.
Just need time and money

Glad to see you’re putting the Grumman to good use.
Nice vid Bryan!

The nieces steered the plane nicely, and smiled. I can see why they asked about lessons.

The nieces steered the plane nicely, and smiles. I can see why they asked about lessons.
I had both of them fly me 15 miles away from the airport and do a 180 and get me back and lined up for final.
I handled altitude w/ the trim wheel but both were able to pick up on how aggressive to make a turn to intercept final (6 miles out).
That is some intuition I didn't have until a few hours in.

Both of my nieces are going through some emotional things and seeing smiles was a big deal.
I really enjoyed flying them. The older one texted me "Thank you for letting me fly". I really think they had a memorable experience today. A good one.

My sister was a nervous wreck the one and only time she ever flew with me.
Today she was a rockstar. Great day.

Last edited:
Start them before their 14th Birthday at a Soaring club. Solo at 14, rating at 16.

The video is deceiving. Makes the plane look small. The traveler it like an airline. When one of them would get up to use the restroom, I'd have another come check out the cockpit.
These wide angle cameras make it look like a tiny plane.

Nicely done! Nice family outing.

Well done how you edited out your float, then bounce on landing ;)

The video is deceiving. Makes the plane look small. The traveler it like an airline. When one of them would get up to use the restroom, I'd have another come check out the cockpit.
These wide angle cameras make it look like a tiny plane.
I did an Angel Flight in Colorado years ago in a 182. When we leveled off, I said, "we have reached our cruising altitude of 11,000 feet. Feel free to move about the cabin." It turned out to be just the right thing to say.

I always like that moment, shortly after liftoff, when the Involuntary Grin emerges. Great stuff.

I love the little ones in the back with their phones recording the takeoff, so cute.

I...I...I just can't eman...:(

images

Your niece has a total "I got this" swagger of a future pilot! Nice video. :D

Back