Headset Foam Gone Sticky

Airmaster23

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
Airmaster
Hi,

I have a SkyLite SL-800 aviation headset and the foam on the headphone band has started to break down and become sticky.

Is there a way I can clean this, or should I replace the foam?

Thanks.

Can't say I've ever seen it on aviation headsets, but when it happens to audio headsets, they're usually done for, foam-wise. Just have to replace.

Seems like it might be time to replace them,nothing lasts for ever ,in aviation.

Had it happen on my Lightspeed Zulu's. Lightspeed recommended denatured alcohol. It removed most of the stickiness.

If you know a farmer, get a castration band to keep the new foam on. They last forever.

If you know a farmer, get a castration band to keep the new foam on. They last forever.
You really need to look for a rancher.

You really need to look for a rancher.

ROFLMAO. I missed that and your post about got coffee to shoot out of my nose.

Mostly because I was imagining a farmer putting little tiny bands on all the plants’ reproductive bits.

LOL!!!

Reactions: 5QK
My Grandfather with his 162 acres and 80 milk cows would never be called a rancher but we castrated allot of young bulls along the way.

Had it happen on my Lightspeed Zulu's. Lightspeed recommended denatured alcohol. It removed most of the stickiness.
Same here, but they (lightspeed) admitted it was a defect and fixed it for free by replacing the affected parts.

Same here, but they (lightspeed) admitted it was a defect and fixed it for free by replacing the affected parts.

Me too. In my case, I ended up doing the upgrade. I think they gave me $400 towards the Zulu 3's.

Back