Albert Whitted (KSPG)

Fly in Florida

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Fly in Florida
Hi guys!

I'm new to the forum and I'm looking forward to chatting with many of you about aviation and your experiences!

I recently flew down to Albert Whitted (KSPG) near Tampa. Has anyone else been there and indulged in the offerings of "The Hangar" restaurant?

Welcome!

KSPG is one of the places on our list to go. The wife and I are planning to fly over to catch a Rays game at some point. The last time I flew into KSPG was probably in the early 90's so any info I have is just a little out of date!

Do you have any feedback on "The Hangar"?

Flying out of SRQ Sarasota,I have been to SPG several times,have also stopped in by car,to have a few cocktails ,while watching the landings. I also like VNC,and SEF.

VNC is great - Sharky's is a regular stop for me. Great for some beach views while eating lunch.

I was at Whitted yesterday and they're setting up for some car racing event in march. Does anyone know anything about that?

Welcome to the Funny Farm....:goofy: Tell us a little about yourself...:yesnod:

VNC is great - Sharky's is a regular stop for me. Great for some beach views while eating lunch.

I was at Whitted yesterday and they're setting up for some car racing event in march. Does anyone know anything about that?
Sharkys? No thanks. The view is nice and collecting shark teeth fun, but don't go there for the food.

Welcome to the Funny Farm....:goofy: Tell us a little about yourself...:yesnod:
Hi! Well, I'm a student pilot based at Orlando FL. I've been flying planes for about 17 years with my dad, but decided to go for the license last year. On hold at the moment because my medical is delayed (I'm a diabetic), but the Archer in my avatar is owned by myself and my dad, so I'm flying twice a week, or thereabouts.

I also started creating pilot VLOGS which I've been publishing to YouTube. I can't post a link here as I have less than 5 posts, but you can search for he channel 'Fly in Florida' ...

Hi! Well, I'm a student pilot based at Orlando FL. I've been flying planes for about 17 years with my dad, but decided to go for the license last year. On hold at the moment because my medical is delayed (I'm a diabetic), but the Archer in my avatar is owned by myself and my dad, so I'm flying twice a week, or thereabouts.

I also started creating pilot VLOGS which I've been publishing to YouTube. I can't post a link here as I have less than 5 posts, but you can search for he channel 'Fly in Florida' ...

Welcome. I fly out of Orlando as well.

The wife and I fly out of Sanford (KSFB).

Welcome!

KSPG is one of the places on our list to go. The wife and I are planning to fly over to catch a Rays game at some point. The last time I flew into KSPG was probably in the early 90's so any info I have is just a little out of date!

Do you have any feedback on "The Hangar"?
Yes. I've been 3 or 4 times now and never had a bad meal. It's become one of our favorite spots. The other is "Hijackers" at Flagler (KFIN). They do amazing burgers.

Mostly C-172. I belong to Orlando Aviators club and I'm checked out in the Archers but I sticking to one platform until I finish my IR.
Well that's a coincidence. 03D (our Archer) is one of the Archer's at the club!

Wow! That is a coincidence. I did my night checkout in 03D. Nice plane!
Thank you. We're very pleased with it. We purchased it from a guy in Wisconsin and flew it back to Kissimmee originally over 2 days. Quite an adventure!

Back