FAA Nerds up the Drone Pilots

Why not just require dork bars and ‘aviator” sunglasses.

Sorry. Not gonna happen.
Unless it says:
"Stay back 100 feet. This drone operator is prone to fits of violence, hysteria and melancholy."
"It gets worse if he is actually flying his drone."

Yeah. That pretty much covers it.

When the FPV squad pulls up...overdrive148 on the left and me 4th from the left.

View attachment 60309
hackerman.jpg

This is as bad as the dudes who were their ramp safety vest while in the terminal... :rolleyes:

"Hey DB, we already know you're a pilot by your shirt, badge, and sunglasses"! :D

Where my brother lives in Guatemala they've had so many murders from motorcycles (pillion passenger wields the weapon, driver escapes quickly in Gaut City traffic) there is now a law that all riders have to wear those vests with their license plate number emblazoned on them, because the bike license plates are too small for the cops to read. No, I am not making this up. Of course the assassins don't bother with them.

I don't know what is worse...The fact that someone thought this was a good idea or the waste of time having, what must of been, several meetings around the drafting of this ridiculous policy.

Good but insufficient. The FAA needs to update its Operation Lights On program to add lighting requirements for drone pilots. A high-intensity strobe light mounted to an 8-foot pole and worn by the UAV operator would enhance visibility should the operator be obscured by a crowd, vehicles, terrain, etc.

Shouldn't we, as a group of concerned pilots, flood the FAA with emails suggesting this?

Good but insufficient. The FAA needs to update its Operation Lights On program to add lighting requirements for drone pilots. A high-intensity strobe light mounted to an 8-foot pole and worn by the UAV operator would enhance visibility should the operator be obscured by a crowd, vehicles, terrain, etc.

Shouldn't we, as a group of concerned pilots, flood the FAA with emails suggesting this?
I think shining a light up whatever dark place the FAA has their heads when they come up with stuff like this might be more appropriate.

s-l500.jpg

The one piece onesies that some medevac companies wants their pilots to wear remind me of this.

"I am here to snake out your toilets....."

I didn’t realize that all the years I wore a reflective vest on the flight line that I was a being a nerd. I wish someone had told me sooner. I would even wear mine into the terminal to grab a bite to eat. Of course that was mostly due to laziness rather than nerdiness as I didn’t want to go back to my locker and go the back stairs into the terminal when I could just walk up the jetway. Heck, I still have a few nerd vests.

I didn’t realize that all the years I wore a reflective vest on the flight line that I was a being a nerd. I wish someone had told me sooner. I would even wear mine into the terminal to grab a bite to eat. Of course that was mostly due to laziness rather than nerdiness as I didn’t want to go back to my locker and go the back stairs into the terminal when I could just walk up the jetway. Heck, I still have a few nerd vests.
It only makes you a nerd if the only reason you wear one is because you think it makes you look cool.

I wear mine because people take pictures of me, follow me, drive their cars back and forth really slowly, peek out of windows, walk up and distract me, etc. The "STAND CLEAR" on mine seems to help. No one's been outright confrontational yet but a few roofers have been upset about me showing up.

He sure loves that long black jacket
Well, first of all, it's not a jacket. It's a duster. It's like a jacket only it's longer, thicker, and far more bad-ass.

Nauga,
who looks like Lorenzo Lamas, and women find him irresistable

Next y’all will be telling us those man purses aren’t purses, they’re satchels. ;)

Back