Stupid stuff Mechanics find.

I'm not a constant speed prop guy. What am I looking at?
Prop hub with one prop blade removed. The hub is packed full of grease which obviously restricted movement.

P.S. I believe that's a variable pitch propeller, but not constant speed.

Last edited:
All sorts of loose hoses

After a bell crank needed replacement on an aileron, when I sat in the airplane with the controls neutral I would have almost full left up deflection on the aileron

Told me I needed a $500 Piper AD complied with about not doing slips in less than half tanks, charged me for it - and did not comply with the AD.

After inspecting the aircraft one shop capped off the fuel flow pressure gauge outflow vent because the hose did not go anywhere. Was clearly marked 'vent'

After a cat shot the front screen was in my lap.

The list does go on

jive
verb:
  1. perform the jive or a similar dance to popular music.
    "people were jiving in the aisles"

2. informal
    taunt or sneer at.
    "Willy kept jiving him until Jimmy left"
    • talk nonsense.
      "he wasn't jiving about that bartender"
jibe
verb:
  1. be in accord; agree.

jive
verb:

2. informal
    taunt or sneer at.
    • talk nonsense.
jibe
verb:
  1. be in accord; agree.
That’s one of those words whose misuse has redefined the meaning, like enormity and moot. At some point, the lexicographers just throw in the towel.

Last edited:
jive
verb:

2. informal
    taunt or sneer at.
    • talk nonsense.
jibe
verb:
  1. be in accord; agree.
As a good friend would say: NIT PICK

"Jive is not defined as 'in accord with,' but has been used as such since the 1940s."

https://www.merriam-webster.com/words-at-play/jive-jibe-gibe

"Jive is not defined as 'in accord with,' but has been used as such since the 1940s."

Translation: "That's not what it means but many who are English challenged have thought so for over 75 years" They go on to say "Jibe is the only one of the three that should be used to mean “is in accord with” (as in “That doesn’t jibe with what I thought”)."

Most people in my home town say "futher". There is no "further"...no "farther"...only "futher". They've been using that "word" for as long as I've been alive but that doesn't make it a proper word.

Last edited:
Translation: That's not what it means but many who are English challenged have thought so for over 75 years.

Most people in my home town say "futher". There is no "further"...no "farther"...only "futher". They've been using that "word" for as long as I've been alive but that doesn't make it a proper word.
And ain't used to not be a proper word. How did it finally get into the dictionary?

Translation: That's not what it means but many who are English challenged have thought so for over 75 years.

Once you move west, you’ll find that there is no “idea”, only “ideal”. Such as, it would be a good ideal for you not to bother over such things as Americans screwing up a perfectly good language.

Cat shot in a Comanche??
latest
image.jpg

Once you move west, you’ll find that there is no “idea”, only “ideal”. Such as, it would be a good ideal for you not to bother over such things as Americans screwing up a perfectly good language.

And there's the southern version:
A cop pulls over a good ol' boy and asks: "you have an I.D.?"
Good ol' boy responds: " 'bout what?"

And ain't used to not be a proper word. How did it finally get into the dictionary?

"Ain't" has always been a proper word, "proper" meaning appropriate usage or circumstance. It has been used in informal language since the 1700s, and has been in dictionaries since that period.

"Ain't" has always been a proper word, "proper" meaning appropriate usage or circumstance. It has been used in informal language since the 1700s, and has been in dictionaries since that period.
"Although widely disapproved as nonstandard, and more common in the habitual speech of the less educated, ain't is flourishing in American English." https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/ain't

jive
verb:

2. informal
    taunt or sneer at.
    • talk nonsense.
jibe
verb:
  1. be in accord; agree.

That jive jibes.

Well, I ain’t gonna say ain’t cause ain’t ain’t right.

Prop hub with one prop blade removed. The hub is packed full of grease which obviously restricted movement.

P.S. I believe that's a variable pitch propeller, but not constant speed.

It's a constant speed prop.

Back