Aera 660 & Ads-B

Indiana_Pilot

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
Flying "B"
Does anyone use a Aera 660? I know it can display weather and traffic but will that work with most any ads-b transceiver? like the Freeflight UAT ?

I know devices like the iFly GPS will work but I wondered about the Aera would connect via wifi for traffic/weather or is it locked down to Garmin only ads-b devices?

I have an Aera 660 and know for sure that it plays well with the Garmin GDL 39, GDL 39 R, and GDL 39 3-D (I installed the GDL 39 R and hardwired it to the Aera 660).

I have an Aera 660 and know for sure that it plays well with the Garmin GDL 39, GDL 39 R, and GDL 39 3-D (I installed the GDL 39 R and hardwired it to the Aera 660).

Thanks for the reply and I knew it worked with them.. I have a Freeflight UAT in/out installed with wifi and was wondering if it worked with anything other than Garmin ads-b

Nope. Garmin only. That's why I don't own a 660 now. You need to commit to all Garmin or none, basically.

Thanks for the reply and I knew it worked with them.. I have a Freeflight UAT in/out installed with wifi and was wondering if it worked with anything other than Garmin ads-b
I'd call and ask them. The tech support guys are good at getting answers to questions like yours.

Hours: M-F: 7am-7pm (CST/CDT)
Closed weekends and U.S. holidays.
Phone: 1-866-739-5687

That is what I was afraid of.. I will call them anyway to see what they say..

yep Garmin only they said and the Wifi on the Aera line ONLY will do chart updates ect not made for ads-b data... BUMMER.. I was wanting some kinda moving map mounted permanently... guess I will stick with the iPad..

Back