OneJet

455 Bravo Uniform

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
455 Bravo Uniform
0B72EDE5-83F4-4718-9216-3CF9378CFE2F.jpeg 067A80B6-6590-40FD-8DF6-771C6AB73985.jpeg 4942AB41-3DE9-4B53-93A8-68A3D132DCFA.jpeg Took a flight IND-PIT. Beechjet 400A. 7 seats, 4 filled, open cockpit. Ground speed was about 530kts. Felt like I was in my own private jet. $600. Saved me 2 days of travel (driving or flying w connections). Love it. Hope they survive.

Lol, no cockpit door, no flight attendant.

I was sitting in the first seat facing rear, used my selfie cam on my phone.

Was trying to be discreet (no flash) so I wouldn’t seem like a tourist, but I was like a little kid.

Seems like it was well worth the price,glad you enjoyed it.

$600 x 4 = $2400

... to cover the prorated operating costs of the jet including maintenance and fuel and (maybe) pay the pilots (poorly)?

That math doesn’t look too good.

Divide that by 2 since it’s a round trip ticket, so about $1200 revenue for that leg.

Are they trying to shut down a competitor?
That is not a survivable rate.

Are they an EAS operator?
No... Flights are operated by Contour, Corporate Flight Management as Scheduled Charter Operation.
Matt McGuire's OneJet is the Charter Operator, CFM provides the aircraft and crews.
They are also running EMB-135's that CFM bought for damn near nothing.

Started in Indy, with a BUNCH of big-name investors, and seems to have found a home out of PIT, which does have more premium traffic than IND, because of the banks.

They have a group of folks with real Airline Experience, and they are using the model of another airline from the 90's that pulled it off, Enterprise Airlines. Enterprise was based in Cinci, ran Citations all over the Midwest and East Coast, while making money doing it.

That was a problem though. The whole thing was started by the US Gov as part of a multi-national investigation/Sting into International money laundering. Once the arrests and convictions came down, the Airline had to be shut down, because it is illegal for FedGov to run a profit-making business that competes with the Private Sector.

Last edited:
They seem to still be growing, recently adding the aforementioned ERJ's and announcing new routes out of PIT recently (MCI was one). I know PIT / Allegheny County gave them some breaks on fees and stuff. As "home" is SW PA I keep trying to find find an excuse to fly them someday but then my cheap side comes out and I think of how many hours that money would buy flying myself.

That.

"If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it"
While there are EAS routes into PIT by an outfit with Caravans (Southern Air Express I think?) routes like PIT-IND and the others by OneJet most certainly aren't EAS routes. EAS doesn't connect big cities to one another.

Ether way I'd wonder the quality of life they provide their pilots, and the level of skill their pilots provide to their pax

Ether way I'd wonder the quality of life they provide their pilots, and the level of skill their pilots provide to their pax

They're offering $80k for captains. The FO's are low timers working to get their 121 mins. Check out climbto350.com for details. I don't work for them.

No... Flights are operated by Contour, Corporate Flight Management as Scheduled Charter Operation.
Matt McGuire's OneJet is the Charter Operator, CFM provides the aircraft and crews.
They are also running EMB-135's that CFM bought for damn near nothing.

Started in Indy, with a BUNCH of big-name investors, and seems to have found a home out of PIT, which does have more premium traffic than IND, because of the banks.

They have a group of folks with real Airline Experience, and they are using the model of another airline from the 90's that pulled it off, Enterprise Airlines. Enterprise was based in Cinci, ran Citations all over the Midwest and East Coast, while making money doing it.

That was a problem though. The whole thing was started by the US Gov as part of a multi-national investigation/Sting into International money laundering. Once the arrests and convictions came down, the Airline had to be shut down, because it is illegal for FedGov to run a profit-making business that competes with the Private Sector.
CFM started Contour here with JS31/32s. I wish we got Beechjets lol

I'd like something like that here in the PNW when I need to get to the big airport(tm).

Back