Why are females never to blame for anything?

@Zeldman , @BigBadLou , our wives may as well be sisters Lol. My wife has the same driving habits you describe above.

I'm trying super super hard to train our daughter to a better standard. She calls it being nitpicky, I call it the same standard my father held me to many years ago.

Every kid I ever taught to drive learned how to safely change a tire, check and adjust tire pressure, identify the major systems under the hood, check all the fluid levels, change the oil and filter, change the air filter, understand why unusual sounds should be checked out and which ones should be checked out immediately (such as brake grinding or wheel bearing screeching), explain the difference between the tachometer and the speedometer, understand the general concept of transmission gearing, and safely gas up the car, all before they ever got behind the wheel. I'm a big believer in the idea that understanding the machine makes one a better operator of the machine.

I must say, the girls I've taught have been better students than the boys. Jokes about "women drivers" aside, I've found the girls to be better listeners, quicker learners, and generally more observant drivers.

Rich

While turning left across traffic today to get on the ramp to the interstate, I was behind a girl that was making the turn very slow and swung way out to the right before swinging back to the left. I noticed she was messing with her phone so I laid on the horn hard. She freaked out and he phone went flying out of her hand. She then accelerated real fast down the ramp and onto the interstate. About a mile down the road, she was in the center lane weaving a bit and I was passing her in the left lane. As I got up next to her, I saw she was on texting so I jumped on the horn again. Same result, the phone went bouncing out of her hand as she frantically tried to grab the wheel with the phone still in her hand. The look on her face was priceless.

She'll be ready for you next time. With a gun. o_O

She minds that I nicely point out when to change lanes etc. She calls it "back seat driving", even though I am sitting right there next to her in the right seat. :D
So how do you like it when she critiques your driving. ;)

I lived with two women for a couple years. It was interesting for all of us.

She'll be ready for you next time. With a gun. o_O

If she lives long enough. It seems like every week or two there's another story in the news about some kid who died because they couldn't put their damned phone down while driving. :(

Rich

If she lives long enough. It seems like every week or two there's another story in the news about some kid who died because they couldn't put their damned phone down while driving. :(

We had a girl drive straight through the 'Welcome to Charles County' brick sign :eek:.

I spend a LOT more time on the bike keeping an eye out for murderous cagers than I do just about anything else, including road condition.

Around here the majority of motorcycle/auto accidents are caused by the bike. Mostly as a result of too much speed.

I'm trying super super hard to train our daughter to a better standard. She calls it being nitpicky, I call it the same standard my father held me to many years ago.

I used to teach people to fly, but the most fear I ever had was teaching my wife to drive.... Remembering she is Filipina and never drove a car before, she took her driving test in my GMC 2500 Diesel....with a pillow under her so she could see out better... :lol::lol:

Gotta love air horns and they are legal on a pickup truck. They don't ask for attention. They DEMAND it. I had a set of them on a pickup back in the nineties. Seldom had to beep twice. Dang, it was fun to make motorists think there was a train a'commin.

She critiques EVERYTHING I do or say. It has gotten to where I just don't even pay attention any more.
Actually I was responding to @BigBadLou, who said that his wife minds when he critiques her driving. I'm pretty sure almost every spouse or significant other, no matter what gender, minds when their partner makes comments about their driving. It's not just a woman thing.

Testosterone should be considered a Class 1 narcotic. It has caused more problems in this world than all other chemicals combined.

Testosterone should be considered a Class 1 narcotic. It has caused more problems in this world than all other chemicals combined.
A point of view often taken by one with little testosterone.

A truth I learned a long time ago.

If a man thinks he has had the last word in an argument with a women, he is wrong. It’s just the start of a new argument.

Lesson learned. Quit when you THINK you’re ahead, even if you really are not. It ain’t worth it.

Cheers

Have a friend who needs it replaced medically.

With all the scammy “male performance clinics” tossing around prescriptions for the drugs that trigger the body to replace it like candy, it’s actually become a huge PITA for people who need the drugs that trigger the body to replace it, and need it medically, to get it.

Insurance companies are cracking down on the abuses of the prescriptions. Grandpa Willies are making a big problem for legitimate medical needs patients who often have to wait stupid periods of time while the prescriptions are reviewed by hand.

My wife is an excellent driver. However, she is a terrible passenger. Both daughters refuse to drive with her. It's not so bad in town, but out on the highway, she's a wreck. Any time I get even vaguely close to another vehicle, she grabs her seat and the armrest in this kind of Star Trek brace for impact way. The ironic thing about this is that she follows more closely than I do.

I ask her if she wants to drive, but she usually lets me drive since I can't read or sleep in the car

Actually I was responding to @BigBadLou, who said that his wife minds when he critiques her driving. I'm pretty sure almost every spouse or significant other, no matter what gender, minds when their partner makes comments about their driving. It's not just a woman thing.
Oh yes.. When the girlfriend criticizes my driving, it's almost always followed by me offering to pull over and let her drive.

My pet peeve is that when driving down a gravel road my wife will not back off far enough behind the vehicle in front and fills the new air cleaner element with dust. Has no concept that driving 10 more seconds behind a car is much better on the engine. I want to make her roll down the window and stick her head out and see how long she likes to breath it. After 40 years it is still futile.

Last edited:
Why are females never to blame for anything?

I'm 51 years married and asked myself the same question many many times....I'm still baffled no one can come up with a definitive answer ...!

Every kid I ever taught to drive learned how to safely change a tire, check and adjust tire pressure, identify the major systems under the hood, check all the fluid levels, change the oil and filter, change the air filter, understand why unusual sounds should be checked out and which ones should be checked out immediately (such as brake grinding or wheel bearing screeching), explain the difference between the tachometer and the speedometer, understand the general concept of transmission gearing, and safely gas up the car, all before they ever got behind the wheel. I'm a big believer in the idea that understanding the machine makes one a better operator of the machine.

I must say, the girls I've taught have been better students than the boys. Jokes about "women drivers" aside, I've found the girls to be better listeners, quicker learners, and generally more observant drivers.

Rich
LOL, my wife's eyes would be glazing over before you got to #3 on that list.

If you have to ask that question,then your already in serious trouble.

So basically men and women are different.

We had a son and a daughter. Anyone who tells you that boys and girls are the same has never raised one of each. They are completely different. He was all boy and she was all girl. And I'm not sorry about that at all. They're grown, out of the house and married now, but they are still completely different.

LOL, my wife's eyes would be glazing over before you got to #3 on that list.

The youngsters seem to enjoy it. I guess it's part of the whole driving as right-of-passage thing. The ones I've taught also had no other instruction as a frame of reference, so they probably thought everyone was taught that way.

I know that I was. My first driving instructor was actually a neighbor named Kiernan who fixed cars on the street in Brooklyn on the weekends. I used to bug him while he was working, and eventually I started actually helping him (hold this, pull that, turn the wheel, step on the gas, etc.).

Once he fixed the cars, we would "test drive" them. He'd then go to one of the huge warehouse parking lots down by the docks -- most of them were closed on weekends so there were no cars -- and let me drive around the parking lot. I was 9 years old when this started. I then graduated to driving along Second Avenue in Brooklyn, which also was pretty much deserted on weekends.

Then I got a "farm license" one summer when I was working for a guy in Rosendale who ran a bungalow colony, but who grew just enough crops to call himself a farmer. I think the license was from FFA or some such organization, but it was recognized by the state to drive vehicles with farm plates. Because all of his vehicles had farm plates, I could drive pretty much anywhere I wanted as long as I had a plausible farming-related reason for going there. I usually took the pickup and put a few bags of manure and some farming implements in the bed as props. I never once got stopped. I was just short of 14 years old.

A few years later, when I took the road test for my "regular" driver's license, the examiner gave me a sideways glance halfway through the road test and asked how long I'd been driving. I truthfully told him since I was 9. He laughed, and I passed. Nowadays they'd probably throw my ass in jail.

Rich

The youngsters seem to enjoy it. I guess it's part of the whole driving as right-of-passage thing. The ones I've taught also had no other instruction as a frame of reference, so they probably thought everyone was taught that way.

I know that I was. My first driving instructor was actually a neighbor named Kiernan who fixed cars on the street in Brooklyn on the weekends. I used to bug him while he was working, and eventually I started actually helping him (hold this, pull that, turn the wheel, step on the gas, etc.).

Once he fixed the cars, we would "test drive" them. He'd then go to one of the huge warehouse parking lots down by the docks -- most of them were closed on weekends so there were no cars -- and let me drive around the parking lot. I was 9 years old when this started. I then graduated to driving along Second Avenue in Brooklyn, which also was pretty much deserted on weekends.

Then I got a "farm license" one summer when I was working for a guy in Rosendale who ran a bungalow colony, but who grew just enough crops to call himself a farmer. I think the license was from FFA or some such organization, but it was recognized by the state to drive vehicles with farm plates. Because all of his vehicles had farm plates, I could drive pretty much anywhere I wanted as long as I had a plausible farming-related reason for going there. I usually took the pickup and put a few bags of manure and some farming implements in the bed as props. I never once got stopped. I was just short of 14 years old.

A few years later, when I took the road test for my "regular" driver's license, the examiner gave me a sideways glance halfway through the road test and asked how long I'd been driving. I truthfully told him since I was 9. He laughed, and I passed. Nowadays they'd probably throw my ass in jail.

Rich
When applying for auto insurance I’ve tried to answer questions truthfully. For some reason my statement that I’ve been a licensed driver since the age of 14 has become unacceptable.

Not unusual to see underage drivers driving around here. Driving because the adults in back are too drunk to drive. And of course it is not legal....

When my wife gets upset I just tell her that she's over-reacting. It usually calms her right down. Try it sometime.

Oh, I should mention, I'm on wife number 3.

When applying for auto insurance I’ve tried to answer questions truthfully. For some reason my statement that I’ve been a licensed driver since the age of 14 has become unacceptable.

USAA won't let you select earlier than age 16, either.

Rich

Just remove the words "Why are", capitalize Females and you have a correct statement. There is really nothing else to discuss. Now just go to the garage, shed, or workshop get a board, a nail and a hammer. Then start therapy. Repeat as necessary.

USAA won't let you select earlier than age 16, either.

Rich

It’s amazing how clueless the people who program all the computers are about real world life in rural (farming and ranching) America.

I bet not only did Clark drive with a license at 14 but also towed things well in excess of the GCVWR rating of the tow vehicle and trailer regularly and legally.

My intro to driving was running around a pig farm doing chores in a 1976 Toyota Corolla stick shift when I was about 12. Grandpa just said not to drive it across the dam, he was worried I’d put it in the pond. Other than that, anywhere it wouldn’t get stuck in mud was fair game.

It’s amazing how clueless the people who program all the computers are about real world life in rural (farming and ranching) America.

I bet not only did Clark drive with a license at 14 but also towed things well in excess of the GCVWR rating of the tow vehicle and trailer regularly and legally.

My intro to driving was running around a pig farm doing chores in a 1976 Toyota Corolla stick shift when I was about 12. Grandpa just said not to drive it across the dam, he was worried I’d put it in the pond. Other than that, anywhere it wouldn’t get stuck in mud was fair game.
When I got a class A license (pre CDL days) the examiner issued after the written. By law it was examiner’s option. I chuckled about that for a day or two. He didn’t issue because of my good looks and charming personality but he and I did have a laugh about my exam score. I promised him that if he gave me a second chance I’d manage to miss a few questions so their scores wouldn’t look like the test was too easy.

Before that I did have to drive for the class B. :(

@Cajun_Flyer bought a haunted house so her demons are keeping her busy...

I'm a bit disappointed in the lack of ghostly activity. For a 200 year old house, you'd expect at least a few footsteps in the attic, or things falling off a shelf every once in a while, or maybe even an occasional levitating kid or something. But nada. We did have a mummified cat fall out of the ceiling. That was interesting.

Between work and renovations, been too busy to do much interwebbing. Just quickly popping in and only read your post because you tagged me. Not sure what all the fuss is about, as I haven't looked through the thread, but I'm assuming it's a thread about the frustrations of women always being right and men always being wrong? That's got to be hard on you guys. Don't know what to tell ya. :dunno:

Alright, that was enough excitement... I'll pop back by in another couple months or so ;)

050df8303ac558761752a4740ccdd94501757a.jpg

Back