Flight Reviews: What knowledge areas are pilots most weak?

All I really need to remember is "75, taken alive".

Logic concludes, 77 is the highest number, so its the most severe (general emergency). And 76 is all thats left, so it must be the comm thing.

Honestly the biggest one lately has been how frequent a FR has to happen; had a few 4 or 5 years out of date. Multiple people in the last few months with zero concept of how to identify airspace on a chart, what the entrance requirements are, or how to conduct basic radio communications. This is in suburban Nashville, a Charlie with an underlying Delta, multiple underlying or nearby uncontrolled airfields which are all quite active and at an airport with a university flight school. It has been sobering to know just how many people are out there blundering about down low in silence just hoping no one hits them.

Honestly the biggest one lately has been how frequent a FR has to happen; had a few 4 or 5 years out of date. Multiple people in the last few months with zero concept of how to identify airspace on a chart, what the entrance requirements are, or how to conduct basic radio communications. This is in suburban Nashville, a Charlie with an underlying Delta, multiple underlying or nearby uncontrolled airfields which are all quite active and at an airport with a university flight school. It has been sobering to know just how many people are out there blundering about down low in silence just hoping no one hits them.
Well that explains how some rube wanders into a TFR.

Just had a flight review yesterday. To many people's dismay, I did not stumble on any question or miss an answer. The CFI (with whom I have flown many times and who was actually my CFII) pulled out a sectional and I told him with a smile "try to stump me, good luck". He couldn't. :)
So I am now legally allowed in the sky for another 24 months. Yikes!
Run! Hide! Scatter!!!

Back