Gender Choices? [NA]

Status
Not open for further replies.
But we're talking about the pronouns here, not other "stuff" that is "stuffed".

Besides you are probably talking about the HR department of a corporation (ugh), not individuals.

My statement:
My agenda is to not have anything crammed anywhere. That doesn't seem to be possible these days.

Taking that statement to apply specifically to pronouns is certainly putting words in my mouth.

The registration was for a week long class, which probably doesn't need gender, but for some reason they are using active.com for registration, which is primarily a race (running, biking, etc) registration site, so I wasn't surprised to see the question since most races sort the results by age and gender.
If they're sorting by gender, then I can understand the question. But, in that case, they should limit the genders to M, F, and maybe, Neither. But my wild guess is that they are poking fun at their stereotypical reputation.

Whatever. I can see this is a sore spot with you.
Having someone act like I said something I didn't is a sore spot, yes. Not sure why you are grinding the axe.
I never said, nor intended to say that I had gender pronouns crammed anywhere, yet you seem to insist on claiming that I did. I simply stated that it seems impossible to not be forced to accept things whether you want to or not. I was not specific as to certain things.

You want to claim that I said I had gender pronouns crammed somewhere, when I never said it.

Perhaps you could just accept that you misunderstood and we can move on?

Having someone act like I said something I didn't is a sore spot, yes. Not sure why you are grinding the axe.
I never said, nor intended to say that I had gender pronouns crammed anywhere, yet you seem to insist on claiming that I did. I simply stated that it seems impossible to not be forced to accept things whether you want to or not. I was not specific as to certain things.

You want to claim that I said I had gender pronouns crammed somewhere, when I did not.
I don't want to claim anything. You're the one who is upset.

The registration was for a week long class, which probably doesn't need gender, but for some reason they are using active.com for registration, which is primarily a race (running, biking, etc) registration site, so I wasn't surprised to see the question since most races sort the results by age and gender.
The whole gender thing is already contentious enough, please don't bring race into it too.

:rolleyes:

I don't want to claim anything. You're the one who is upset.
I am?

Wanting you to not put words in my mouth is being upset? I think it's a pretty reasonable, level headed request. Judging me to be upset is continuing the pattern of putting words in my mouth.

I think It would be more helpful if you made statements about your beliefs and feelings rather than mine.

I think this is less of a problem than people think. Has anyone personally ever gone off on you for not using some of these new terms? I haven't, and I live in the center of the universe for them.

I can count on one hand the number I've actually encountered and most of those were in online communities. So I suspect in general you're right but... there seems to be a common personality type within that community that is self-centered in the extreme and brings drama everywhere they go. These are the ones making headlines and sparking outrage. To be fair, I know there are also some very chill trans folks out there who know they're weird and are not only ok with that but seem to thrive on it but those drama llamas are the ones that end up defining the group and generating all the insane articles we all read about hundreds of genders and whatnot.

I am?

Wanting you to not put words in my mouth is being upset? I think it's a pretty reasonable, level headed request. Judging me to be upset is continuing the pattern of putting words in my mouth.

I think It would be more helpful if you made statements about your beliefs and feelings rather than mine.
LOL, OK.

I can count on one hand the number I've actually encountered and most of those were in online communities. So I suspect in general you're right but... there seems to be a common personality type within that community that is self-centered in the extreme and brings drama everywhere they go. These are the ones making headlines and sparking outrage. To be fair, I know there are also some very chill trans folks out there who know they're weird and are not only ok with that but seem to thrive on it but those drama llamas are the ones that end up defining the group and generating all the insane articles we all read about hundreds of genders and whatnot.
I totally agree with the bolded part. It's true of many groups.

Which is one reason identity groups and identity politics are a problem.
I agree with that too.

Which is why I have gone to checking "declined to state" on a number of demographic questions.

I remember when Boulder was just a community of hippie weirdos.
Sounds like they have all been taking steroids to get crazier.
The hippie weirdos have all gotten older and gone commercial....except for the trust fund kids...they’ve gotten older and moved to Steamboat.

Can’t we just go back to the good old days when meat eating alcohol drinking womanizing heterosexual white males like myself ruled the world and everyone else was second class or worse?

I guess that’s what some would like.

Oh, I’m not really a womanizer. The 90 pounds of pure fierceness that I call honey won't allow it. I like that about her.

Can’t we just go back to the good old days when meat eating alcohol drinking womanizing heterosexual white males like myself ruled the world and everyone else was second class or worse?

Well, they provided pretty well for our generation. I’m not sure we’ll be able to do the same.

As far as I'm concerned, there are two genders. Everything else is either a birth defect or a delusion.

That being said, I really don't give a rat's ass. If people want to play dress-up, it's really none of my business; so I don't care what they call themselves, how they dress, where they pee, or anything else they may do to indulge their delusions. None of it affects me in the least, so I couldn't care less.

What I do care about is when people try to force me to indulge their delusions. As far as I'm concerned, one's gender is defined by their chromosomes. If they want to believe otherwise, however, that is their absolute right. But it's also my absolute right to believe that they're delusional.

So basically, as long as they don't insist that I indulge their delusions, I won't insist that they confront their delusions. Makes life easy.

Rich

Actually, Rich, it is not your absolute right and they do insist that you gladly participate in their delusions; in fact it's is a prosecutable offence in some jurisdictions. This is how far down the nuthole we have gone.

So what if you don't make a selection? Can you still register?

I vote Garmin G5 or Apple.

Actually, Rich, it is not your absolute right and they do insist that you gladly participate in their delusions; in fact it's is a prosecutable offence in some jurisdictions. This is how far down the nuthole we have gone.

Nice being retired and telling them to go fk themselves.

View attachment 59800

View attachment 59801

It seems hard to mess that one up, but somehow people have figured out a way to confuse it.

Party time, POA!!

M12x320-12-320-Stainless-Steel-All-Thread-Threaded-Rod-Bar-Studs-machine-screw-fastener-trasmission-Double.jpg

The last time I went in for a physical, the nurse was asking the general questions, "Any changes since you last visit?"

Then she said, "We recognize all genders. Is there a particular gender with which you want to be identified?"

Reply, " I am Napoléon Bonaparte, the Emperor of France, you must address my as Your royal Highness" But that is crazy says the nurse. And someone with a penis thinking that they are a female is any less crazy?

I would love to get asked this question.

Why do they sort by gender? Because... As a feminist, I believe that women are as good as men and men are as good as women.

I was in the 'they can do whatever they want' camp until the first baker was dragged in front of a 'human rights tribunal' for telling a couple to take their business somewhere else.

Last edited:
Which jurisdictions would that be?

Actually he stole it from Thomas Dewar but I like Frank's version better.

I can see where this train is heading :eek:
IBTL! :D
s-l300.jpg

Then she said, "We recognize all genders. Is there a particular gender with which you want to be identified?"

I dunno...what's the one for trans male butch lesbian with fulfilled penis envy?

You left off "and vagina empathy"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back