For Sale 1948 Navion $8500 Disassembled

mscard88

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Mark
00B0B_8th6kreYeOj_600x450.jpg

https://nashville.craigslist.org/atq/d/airplane-this-1948-navion-17/6444540127.html

Nice pic. Details?

The pic isn’t of the actual plane for sale. It’s all in the ad. Plane is crated, but no detail. Logs in hand, but no serial. Continental 225 motor. I’ve asked for a copy of the logs, AWC, and registration.

The right A&P might be able to do something with this, but even as interested in it as I am, I wouldn’t give more than $4K.

Offer on the way

Last edited:
A local guy has restored (actually disassembled and essentially rebuilt) three Navions that I’m aware of.

Of course, you could just upgrade the E225 to a 520. The 100MPH gear speed is a pain though.

Cool plane. If there's no significant corrosion and all ADs have been complied with you could approximate costs and then decide if it's worth it to you. Even if you got this basket case for free it would still cost a small ransom (not to mention a lot of headaches) to get it to flying condition. A labor of love, no doubt.

I thought Mark was trying to peddle flyingron's plane when I read "disassembled" in the thread title. :D

IMG_2687.JPG Here's another paint option if someone decides to take on this basket case.

Back