Aviation Valuation Analyst / Apprentice Aircraft Appraiser

labbadabba

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
labbadabba
So I got a job alert for this. Seems interesting.

What is the continued job market for these sorts of folks? Are there a lot of people out there making a living as an aircraft appraiser? Is there a good career to be had?

I'm a business/IT professional (senior level but not management) and I'd LOVE to work in aviation somehow even if not as a pilot. I would suspect that I'd take a pay hit for this but if it's a sustainable career in a field that I love it may be worth the look.

Thoughts?

I'd expect this kind of position would be cyclical and generally follow the economy. Right now things are good but where will we be in 5 years?

A better job might be an insurance adjuster, there is no shortage of people wrecking airplanes.

"Find a job you love and you'll never work a day in your life." - somebody who obviously had one of those jobs.

Last edited:
I'd expect this kind of position would be cyclical and generally follow the economy. Right now things are good but where will we be in 5 years?

A better job might be an insurance adjuster, there is no shortage of people wrecking airplanes.

That is kind of my feeling. Would be a cool job I think, but I don't know what kind of future there is in it.

....and consider the folks you'd have to deal with - Pilots.
Sellers - "you appraised it too low"
Buyers - "you appraised it too high".

....and consider the folks you'd have to deal with - Pilots.
Sellers - "you appraised it too low"
Buyers - "you appraised it too high".

Well, the position is in support, creation, and aggregation of Blue Book values. The position is part of a larger organization.

Back