En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
FORANE
Last post Jan 1.

Says ejection handle pulled...

Did I miss something?

Well this place will be more boring without him :(

That's the sign of a temporary suspension. Occurs when you get two moderator pee-pee whacks in rapid succession.

Henning can explain the concept of temporary when he returns. I think he's only 1 hydrogen powered aircraft away :)

For the record, I hate banning. Most of the contributors that have been, didn't deserve it.

Not slamming the MC, but, PM me, MC, if you ask why I say that.

For the record, I hate banning. Most of the contributors that have been, didn't deserve it.

Not slamming the MC, but, PM me, MC, if you ask why I say that.

Agreed.

But lest the proverbial snowflakes start to melt.

Tom and Glen are in their own right valuable members of the forum but get them together and it eventually becomes a mechanic p***ing contest. Tom has been very helpful to me offline on questions I had about being a mechanic and suggestions to fix my airplane.

Tom and Glen are in their own right valuable members of the forum but get them together and it eventually becomes a mechanic p***ing contest. Tom has been very helpful to me offline on questions I had about being a mechanic and suggestions to fix my airplane.
Ill second that. As some will disagree, Tom is a highly knowledgeable guy and certainly adds value to this board. He also spits out his fair share of chicken chet like a lot of us do, myself included.

Last edited:
To quote 6PC..."As The Propeller Turns" :rolleyes2:

Him and Glen got into their usual brawl. In other words, you haven’t missed a thing.

Yup I noticed a few weeks ago they both had the ejection pulled, must have been as a result of one of their bouts no doubt. Probably a "30 day in the hole", BTDT. :D They both are knowledgeable, especially Tom as to GA. I actually learn something almost every time from Tom's posts.

I got suspended once here. It seems so long ago....

They need some sort of 'no contact order' from the MC. They can post, just not in the same thread.

That's the sign of a temporary suspension. Occurs when you get two moderator pee-pee whacks in rapid succession.

Negative. That can be temporary or permanent.

And per the RoC, talking about enforcement action is not allowed.

Come back, "Socratic Method Tom"

So thats why he and Glenn used to get into it so deep--one was Socratic, the other Platonic. Or was that Didactic? Philosophy was so long ago, and is such a slippery subject compared to the math I had shoved down my throat in Enginering school.

Negative. That can be temporary or permanent.

And per the RoC, talking about enforcement action is not allowed.
I vote for a 30-day suspension for everyone (else) on this thread. They should know better.

You guys should just be glad I don't have powers of suspension.

I am of the opinion some of Tom's questions challenging other's knowledge of the FAR's were productive because he was asking people to think. OTOH, most were unnecessarily of a confrontational nature. I see no need to put someone down because they are not familiar with the [sometimes] legalese the FAR's are written in.

Challenge my knowledge if you will and I will give you what I believe is my best answer but like a poster on a railroad forum I participate in where one keeps changing the question and gets engaged in semantics and respond to answers in a civil manner. My employer and I discussed FAR's a lot and he knew them better than most feds but his purpose was to educate not deride.

I have no truck with Tom. Just pointing out my observation. If anyone can further my knowledge I'm willing to listen.

I am sure after toms post about the guy getting hit on the noggin with his own propeller, many lives were saved .

Ill second that. As some will disagree, Tom is a highly knowledgeable guy and certainly adds value to this board. He also spits out his fair share of chicken chet like a lot of us do, myself included.
My beef is that he often posted well beyond his knowledge, and then defended it even when shown he was wrong. Since he would say anything to appear to know what he was talking about, how in the world can one trust him with airplane maintenance advice? There are times where "I don't know" is the best answer. There are also times where there is more than one correct way to get a result, though one might be better.

I only read maybe a 1/4 of the threads here so that's probably why I missed all the ****ing matches. The handful of threads I read that he participated in he always seemed like a good guy.

But then again, I like Norman too, so what's that say about my judgement?

So thats why he and Glenn used to get into it so deep--one was Socratic, the other Platonic.
So one of them wanted to get into kissing and stuff, and the other didn't?

Seems like a good reason to disagree.:eek:

all I know is, whatever the subject was, an innocent bystander that may have benefitted from one or the other's knowledge, left completely miffed....

My beef is that he often posted well beyond his knowledge, and then defended it even when shown he was wrong. Since he would say anything to appear to know what he was talking about, how in the world can one trust him with airplane maintenance advice? There are times where "I don't know" is the best answer. There are also times where there is more than one correct way to get a result, though one might be better.

In aviation circles that's known as "Ron Levy Syndrome."

Speaking of Ron, apparently, he also got pizzed off on a Red and left. I don't go there much but just last week I checked it out and read in someone's post "when Ron used to be here" (or something like that) inferring that he no longer is.

Last edited:
In aviation circles that's known as "Ron Levy Syndrome."

Speaking of Ron, apparently, he also got pizzed off on a Red and left. I don't go there much but just last week I checked it out and read in someone's post "when Ron used to be here" (or something like that) inferring that he no longer is.

I personally appreciated Ron and his knowledge base. But I did find it amusing how he could reply to my posts in such a way that his words literally meant that he agreed with exactly what I said, but the tone suggested that I was a dumbass and was wrong.

his words literally meant that he agreed with exactly what I said, but the tone suggested that I was a dumbass and was wrong
I personally call that the "Uncle Eddie Response" I had one in the family...Don't miss him...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back