Marine Corp Commadant Warns Troops

In my whole entire life I have never heard of a such a breathtakingly stupid fad. It never occurred to anyone in my youth to imbibe laundry detergent.

Duffelblog, but still, it's Marines.

Top officials have expressed concern in recent days over a number of incidents involving enlisted troops taking part in the “Tide Pod Challenge,” a viral internet campaign that challenges people to put laundry detergent in their mouth in order to raise awareness for Charles Darwin.

“I don’t care what you guys do. Hell, you can even go back to drunken driving. Just stop eating laundry detergent, for Christ’s sake,” said Gen. Robert Neller, the Marine Commandant.

“Nobody is going to tell me I can’t eat Tide Pods if I want to,” said Lance Cpl. Evan Miller from his hospital bed. According to barracks sources, over the weekend Miller attempted to eat three pods at the same time before chasing it with his favorite Burnt Sienna-flavored crayon.

Can't remember where I saw it, but there was a documentary or something several years ago, and a couple Marines were filmed juggling grenades. Someone else said, "Marines are like 12 year old kids. You have to keep them busy or they get bored and get into trouble."

If you put a Marine in a locked padded room with a bowling ball, after 3 days he will either lose it, break it, or f-ck it.

In my whole entire life I have never heard of a such a breathtakingly stupid fad. It never occurred to anyone in my youth to imbibe laundry detergent.
Imbibe, or use it?

Imbibe, or use it?
Not even going to lie, I had to ask my parents how laundry worked after I moved out. I also didn't start cooking until after I moved out from home. First "real" meal I attempted on a stove was dropping an entire raw unseasoned chicken breast on a pan with high heat.

Now I can do laundry and cook a wide variety of dishes that are even edible!

Not even going to lie, I had to ask my parents how laundry worked after I moved out. I also didn't start cooking until after I moved out from home. First "real" meal I attempted on a stove was dropping an entire raw unseasoned chicken breast on a pan with high heat.

Now I can do laundry and cook a wide variety of dishes that are even edible!

Funny how self preservation is the motivator to learning....:lol::lol:

Those who've ever been to Okinawa and specifically "B-C" street, (I don't know what it means in Japanese but for Americans it means "bring cash.") it was a rite of passage for new Marines to eat a chunk of banana. Not just any chunk of banana but one that was once inserted into the nether region of a skank who did several shows a night at a bar I can't remember the name of. The rule was that they had to catch it in their mouth as it exited said region of nether. Pretty disgusting to say the least. But they say if you want a memory out of your head, you must share it with others. So there ya go. ;)

Those who've ever been to Okinawa and specifically "B-C" street, (I don't know what it means in Japanese but for Americans it means "bring cash.") it was a rite of passage for new Marines to eat a chunk of banana. Not just any chunk of banana but one that was once inserted into the nether region of a skank who did several shows a night at a bar I can't remember the name of. The rule was that they had to catch it in their mouth as it exited said region of nether. Pretty disgusting to say the least. But they say if you want a memory out of your head, you must share it with others. So there ya go. ;)

I didn't do that, but I know a few that did. Usually right before the stroll over to Whisper Alley.

I didn't do that, but I know a few that did. Usually right before the stroll over to Whisper Alley.

For more skank contact. I peeked into one of the little huts on Whisper Alley one time. The mattresses looked like a civil war bandage.

For more skank contact. I peeked into one of the little huts on Whisper Alley one time. The mattresses looked like a civil war bandage.

vN6biZB.gif

When I was at Osan AB in Korea, occasionally a Marine C-47 would bring Marines in for R&R for the weekend from Okinawa. I chose to remain on base those weekends and not go into the village outside the main gate. Those Marines get pretty out of control, add alcohol and hookers fuhgetboutit.

upload_2018-1-21_20-18-6.jpeg

Back