Pirep: McDonald's Filet o Fish Sandwich (or, salad, rather)

As long as you don’t claim southeast Joisey.

Oh I don't, nor any part of Joisey. My brothers still live there though, so have to visit once in a blue moon. Is the moon really blue?

Like on a salad, edible?
Sure. Little known fact is that the later Apollo missions were able to save enough weight to carry the rover because of the cheesy moon. Once Armstrong confirmed it was edible, they cut the food supplies and just sent 2 spoons. Well, sporks.

L_UT22302_Orange.jpg

Had lunch at my favorite Coney Thursday and was in the mood for a fish dinner/lunch. After asking the cook if it was real Cod and was assured it was I ordered it. The result was a tasty meal; two nice sized filets supplemented with fries and a salad. I did not need much for dinner that night.

Before bedtime I pleasantly burped.

Decided to walk up to the neighborhood Thai joint. Spicy food, bells two hearted ale.

Beats square fish over iceberg

Pad prik king but with broccoli instead of green beans

Love living dahn tahn, abut 15 restaurants a ten minute walk from the house

I put an order in today for a FF at the drivethru.....but then changed it when I got to the window. :D

Pad prik king but with broccoli instead of green beans

Rurnt a good meal with that insane change!

Love me some Thai food, but it ain't available out here in the boondocks. Lots of space, elbow room, privacy and nice views, just no Thai food closer than Hotlanta that I know of.

Rurnt a good meal with that insane change!

Love me some Thai food, but it ain't available out here in the boondocks. Lots of space, elbow room, privacy and nice views, just no Thai food closer than Hotlanta that I know of.

Downtown Montgomery, the old railroad station, is one that's not bad, Lek's. A couple of others in MGM. BHM has a few also. Bet ya Columbus GA has some, with Ft Benning there. Wherever there are military, there's usually various cultures restaurants.

Downtown Montgomery, the old railroad station, is one that's not bad, Lek's. A couple of others in MGM. BHM has a few also. Bet ya Columbus GA has some, with Ft Benning there. Wherever there are military, there's usually various cultures restaurants.

Lotsa Chinese, but haven't noticed Thai. I'll go looking the next time I'm in downtown Monkey City (not real often).

It's hard to find (well for me to find) decent Thai in the United States. Domestic Thai is typically heavy on the rice and skimpy on the salads. Then again you don't find grilled cockroaches on the menu here either.

THAT was always the last C ration choice. Crap was green and most couldn't stomach it.

Loved it..!!! With a little extra tabasco on it. Well, a LOT of tabasco on it. No one else could get past the color and the remanufactured barf smell so I never went hungry.

I could eat it cold if I had to....

Loved it..!!! With a little extra tabasco on it. Well, a LOT of tabasco on it. No one else could get past the color and the remanufactured barf smell so I never went hungry.

I could eat it cold if I had to....

Yuk! Yeah a lot of Tabasco for sure. C rats came in cardboard boxes and those were always the last few cans left. Guess if hungry enough I'd eat it. C rats a lot better than MREs that replaced IMO.

Yuk! Yeah a lot of Tabasco for sure. C rats came in cardboard boxes and those were always the last few cans left. Guess if hungry enough I'd eat it. C rats a lot better than MREs that replaced IMO.

I think I had probably the very last box of C rations when I reached my first TOD unit in Germany. MRE's had been a thing for a while so I guess they were just depleting the stocks. I still have my can opener. In fact, I still even use it.

The early MREs took a little to get used to. But just a new package for the same old thing. They were just coming out when I was in the army in the early 80s. I have not had one in years, but I have heard others say that they really like the newer MREs. A lot more variety than just the ever popular beans and MoFos, (ham and lima beans) which to me was the very worst. The second worse for me was the Meat & Spaghetti in Tomato Sauce. Again, nothing but barf in a can.

I still have my can opener. In fact, I still even use it.

I still have several. A few years ago some company was giving samples of their MRE. I guess they were selling to preppers. They were giving P-38s away. I tried to use it and it came apart. I guess that is why they were giving them away..

I think I had probably the very last box of C rations when I reached my first TOD unit in Germany. MRE's had been a thing for a while so I guess they were just depleting the stocks. I still have my can opener. In fact, I still even use it.

Yep, every box came with a P38 or two I think. I have some around here somewhere. I even bought a bigger P38 at a camping store, a lot easier to use.

canopener.jpg
images

Last edited:
pastor talked about McFish this morning....and feeding the 5,000 with it. :D

Yep, every box came with a P38 or two I think. I have some around here somewhere. I even bought a bigger P38 at a camping store, a lot easier to use.

canopener.jpg
images

BTW a pair of vice grips turns a P38 in to a pretty efficient opener.

Heh - when I was a kid my dad would hand out a couple boxes of C rations to feed us kids whenever he and mom went out to dinner.

Later, when I was in college, I had a few boxes, maybe even a case, that I put in the back of my car when I drove across KS and CO in the winter and never knew if I'd get stranded. The stuff had a 10 yr expiration date. I still have a zip lock in my garage tool box with all the waterproof matches and whatever other non-perishables were in the boxes. I need to pull that bag out and see how many P38s I still have.

P38? To me, a P38 is either an airplane or a pistol. Those little foldable can ope er thjngs were always "John Wayne"s. But then again, I grew up in the USMC, not the army . . . .

Back