Triple Tree Chilly Chili Fly-in, Feb. 10th

News to me...

Maybe up for it, depending on wx. I renewed my AOPA membership, so I should be legal to drop in.

Damn! That's my mother's birthday.:mad:

Is it anywhere near the Southeast? o_O

Pretty much. South Carolina was the first part of The South and if you go east from SC, you leave the United States. I'd call that both South and East and therefore southeast.

Come on, if there was no traffic, you could drive there in 2 hours from Atlanta. Which is to say that you can drive there in about 6 hours.

I'm planning to go. We're flying down in a neighbor's Beech 18.

News to me...

Maybe up for it, depending on wx. I renewed my AOPA membership, so I should be legal to drop in.

Damn! That's my mother's birthday.:mad:

It is not an AOPA event. Triple Tree is a private grass strip (SC00) east of Greenville, SC that periodically hosts fly in events to raise money for its youth outreach and facilities maintenance. Www.tripletreeaerodrome.com

It was also for the tailwheel invitation last summer; the main reason I did not attend. Everyone says they don't check, but I'd be the one to get busted. :eek:
Is it really governed that tightly?

Is it really governed that tightly?

I've heard it's for folks who drive in, not fly in. My post was kinda tongue-in-cheek. I hope the AOPA thing will pay for itself when I renew my liability insurance in the fall. ;)

I can't make this event anyway.

Dunno. I went to the tailwheel event (in the Navion) nobody said a thing about anything.

One thing of note. Much of the parking area is not flat. If you don't have a reliable parking brake, bring chocks.

Oh I'm aware it's not an AOPA event. They still expect guests to be members of some aviation group.
I have never been questioned. I purchased tickets and there was no questionnaire concerning membership. I think that it maybe an older requirement that may have fallen by the wayside. For the RC events, I would expect an AMA membership would be required.

From the "First Timers and FAQ" page for the website:

Q: Can members of the general public come in as spectators?

A: No. You must be a member or a guest of a member of a flying organization like: EAA, FAA, AMA, AOPA, etc. You will be asked to show your membership card. 

From the "First Timers and FAQ" page for the website:

Q: Can members of the general public come in as spectators?

A: No. You must be a member or a guest of a member of a flying organization like: EAA, FAA, AMA, AOPA, etc. You will be asked to show your membership card. 

It may say that, but I've never been asked to present a membership card.

I suspect if you fly in, fill out their waiver, pay any requested fee, and behave yourself, you'll be peachy-keen.

It may say that, but I've never been asked to present a membership card.

I suspect if you fly in, fill out their waiver, pay any requested fee, and behave yourself, you'll be peachy-keen.

No doubt. I'm planning to get to the tailwheel fly-in this summer, card or no card.

I think by that question they are referring to people DRIVING in (and then only for the "big" September event).

Back