Why do they make us practice slow flight?

LOL - another Brian with a Y masterpiece! Darth Vader slippers? Almost thought you had recorded a model airplane.... until you turned on the noise cancelling!

Another great satire!

Can I buy those slippers in the Cirrus gift shop, or are they a Grumman thing?

And where can I learn about getting started on Cirrus needlepoint? I’m thinking my CAPS placard will look much nicer if it is done in needlepoint.

I "mostly" made that video for my kids. They were cracking up at the voice engine, needlepoint, drone, and when my face went weird.
My son provided the legs and Vader slippers. They have been busting up over it this evening.

Why did you miss out on presenting a textbook taking off? Saving that for another vid?

What happens to the weight when the drone is flying inside? What happens if it is flying in the back - does the cg move"

I'm LOL Bryan! Loved the background noise on take off.

Another great video! Better get that ANR fixed though. Probably needs some wine. :)

WTF is up with the 25 cent, hardware store variety, wing nuts holding on the sun visor? That seems to be far too simple and inexpensive of a solution for Cirrus to ever consider! ;)

<har!>

I'm confident the FAA PMA'ed version is $995 though.

Last edited:
I for one, am grateful that you use "Satire" in the title. Otherwise I'd think your Bose headsets need some new batteries.

You didn't address the Doppler effect associated with slow slight. When observed from the platform of the Cirrus, the terrain is brown. But when the Cirrus is observed from a different platform, the light wavelength shifts, and the terrain appears green. Interesting phenomenon.

I always figured slow flight was for building hours. A 150 is in a permanent state of slow flight.

You didn't address the Doppler effect associated with slow slight. When observed from the platform of the Cirrus, the terrain is brown. But when the Cirrus is observed from a different platform, the light wavelength shifts, and the terrain appears green. Interesting phenomenon.

It was a very long flight

What happens to the weight when the drone is flying inside? What happens if it is flying in the back - does the cg move"

Oh, good physics questions.

The drone lifts from the passenger seat by applying forces to the air in the cabin.

If the cabin air is sealed, then the combined system (of airplane, drone within, and air confined within) will experience no change in its effective weight. That’s because of momentum conservation — forces internal to a system cannot change the momentum of that system. (If the cockpit were open, that would change.)

The cg can move, as you suggest. If the drone lifts from a front seat, and lands in the back, for sure the cg will move aft.

I haven't seen any tables of HP:MPH or HP:KTS ratios. That would be interesting to compare.

This was much appreciated after a crap day at the sweat shop. Thx!

In other words slow flight becomes flow sight?

Loved the engine noise, I imagined your forehead and neck veins bulging by the time you turn on the headset...

dont-go-to-mars-2-29713-1432060950-4_dblbig.jpg

Last edited:
Agreed, another funny video. And the needlepoint was priceless. Please tell me, Br-Y-an, that your wife made it. Please please please .... :)

Do you have to change your angle of attack to increase lift in order to offset the downward thrust of the rotors?

Compelling!

Two questions, if I may:
1) Does this video count for credit towards the WINGS program? (It darn well should)
2) What happens when you push the side of the drone when its in a hover in the Cirrus in Slow flight? And to be clear, yes, the SR-22 is on a treadmill.

Met him at the ATL airport. I was strolling down the concourse and a booming voice hollered my name. I turned and it was him. A favorite FA was walking with him and got him to do it. Still was cool. Big sumabetch too.

Agreed, another funny video. And the needlepoint was priceless. Please tell me, Br-Y-an, that your wife made it. Please please please .... :)
I bought the needlepoint kit and after about 20 seconds of trying to sew a Cirrus, I started cutting the string and super gluing it onto the canvas

That giant SPOT tracker that’s like half a Cirrus wingspan long, where did you get that? ;)

Met him at the ATL airport. I was strolling down the concourse and a booming voice hollered my name. I turned and it was him. A favorite FA was walking with him and got him to do it. Still was cool. Big sumabetch too.

Yeah, 6'5" and 290 is a good sized dude.

51LV5E6jagL._SX425_.jpg

Back