This Week On POA. / As the Propeller Turns. Season 2 Episode 2

Early in the evening make the acquaintance of a girl who introduced herself as "Lindsey with an E"
Lindsay? EEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

Nauga,
spelled 'throat-warbler mangrove', pronounced 'luxury yacht'

Barely related aside: went to Nashville for a bachelor party last weekend. Early in the evening make the acquaintance of a girl who introduced herself as "Lindsey with an E". Immediately wondered if 6PC had a twenty something daughter in Nashville.

My kids are young and have simple names.
I have been saying "Bryan with a y" for most of my life and my wife's crazy ass spelling "Eren" led us to the kids' names: Jack and Brooke.

I desperately wanted to name my daughter "Paige" but my wife wasn't going to have a daughter named "Page Turner"

I have been saying "Bryan with a y" for most of my life and my wife's crazy ass spelling "Eren" led us to the kids' names: Jack and Brooke.

I desperately wanted to name my daughter "Paige" but my wife wasn't going to have a daughter named "Page Turner"

I'm Ryan (with a y), originally slated to be Bryan (with a y) until my dad intervened (while I was still baking) and said "he'll always be correcting the spelling... Let's just drop the B".

"Brooke with an 'e'."

I have a very unique name but I don’t ever tell people on the interwebz cause I don’t want the Pilots of America to find me and kill me when we argue :)

Paige Turner might be better in elementary school than Babbling Brooke.

Try going through life with the name "Theisen" that's pronounced "Tyson" and then throw in the that it goes against the whole "I before E" rule. Oh, and then add Joe Theismann and Tiffani Amber Thiessen into the mix, it gets fun. You can't even begin guess how many wrong spellings and pronunciations I've endured. Even by people I've known for years.

Try going through life with the name "Theisen" that's pronounced "Tyson" and then throw in the that it goes against the whole "I before E" rule. Oh, and then add Joe Theismann and Tiffani Amber Thiessen into the mix, it gets fun. You can't even begin guess how many wrong spellings and pronunciations I've endured. Even by people I've known for years.

Yeah. You're a mess dude. ;)

Names are funny and there are times I think when it is a good idea to change your name.
I had a recruiter take me to lunch. She handed me her card and God's honest truth: "Nicole Greathead"
My first thought was if I am her dad, I'd have changed my last name at midnight on my 18th birthday.

I have a very unique name but I don’t ever tell people on the interwebz cause I don’t want the Pilots of America to find me and kill me when we argue :)
Don’t worry about it. We watch your every move...

Yeah. You're a mess dude. ;)

Names are funny and there are times I think when it is a good idea to change your name.
I had a recruiter take me to lunch. She handed me her card and God's honest truth: "Nicole Greathead"
My first thought was if I am her dad, I'd have changed my last name at midnight on my 18th birthday.

Musta had some Injun in her. Get it?

Pop, Iggy...

iggi-pop.jpg

Hah! I've had more than one person track me down in real life - just got a phone call yesterday from a guy who is talking about selling kits based on the Merlin GT (My ride).

The spelling of your last name may be due to that spelling was not a requirement for early census takers.

Many people mis-pronounce my last name because either they can't read or they just look at the first two letters and make up the rest. While in the hospital recently everytime a nurse would mis-pronounce my last name I would tell them to look at the complete name and try it again. If that did not help I would have them spell it for me. Too many mistakes made in hospitals because people can't read English.

I'm Mari with an "i", and without an "e", "c", "u" or "t". I answer to anything that sounds like it starts with a "m" and is two-syllables.

Don't even try my last name...

Some guy named Bryan likes to mispronounce my last name. Probably he's using the Italian derivation for some reason?

My favorite is when I'm checking in to a hotel or picking up a rental car.
Ravioli: You have a reservation for Olivier
Employee: Can you spell that?
Ravioli: Yes
Employee: I mean, how do you spell it?
Ravioli: Oscar Lima India Victor India Echo Romeo
Employee: huh?
Ravioli: Oh - elle - eye - vee - eye - eee - are
Employee: Oh, that's Oliver <- "ah-liv-er" instead of "oh-live-e-yeah"
Ravioli: Can I use your phone, I need to tell my mother we've been pronouncing our name incorrectly for generations.

I thought it was pronounced like laurence olivier

Here forward you will be the man with the exciting shoes

Bryan,

I was named after one of my mom's siblings , and the first name was relatively popular in the early 1900's but quickly faded away by the time I was born. Therefore, I prefer to be known by my middle name and that has caused problems with places like Blue Cross who demanded First name, middle initial, and last name with no options to be like J Paul Getty.
I have fought that for years. F. Norman XXXXXXXX does not fit the needs of some programmers.

So after reading all of this we still haven't answered the question... Ginger or Maryanne?

I’ll take former sitcom stars not in jail for $100, Alex

Back