Plane of your choice

GBSoren

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
GBSoren
If you were given one plane of your choice what would it be? Take into the decision your mission, so it kind of as to fit that.

My mission is mainly ~250nm cross country into smaller (3000ft) paved strips. 2-3 people and a golden retriever.

My dream plane for my mission would be a Diamond DA62, although if I have to actually pay for it I'd probably go DA42.

I'd love to fly a Socata TBM, but it'd really be overkill and hourly cost would be much higher.

DA62 me too.. or SR22T

Cessna P210. Always wanted to fly up in the Flight Levels. And nice pressurized comfort at the alitudes in the West.

Sr22 may be with a T

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

LOL 250nm? Pfft. Cherokee six. Even a -260 will do.

If I had to have only one airplane it would a Super Cub.

A TBM would be on my lottery jackpot shopping list, although part of me would be wanting the extra safety margin of a twin like a Cheyenne or King Air. But then you would also need a second low and slow airplane.

Any Gulfstream with a 5 or a 6 in it...

My answer remains the same, an SR22-T.

Last edited:
Turbine otter or bearhawk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Too many good choices! Always wanted a Bo, so probably a nice v-tail variant with glass panel. Wife would want air conditioning. SR22T close second.

Are we to assume that we can currently afford the fuel & maintenance bills for our chosen aircraft or is this an unrealistic pipe dream thread?

Bonanza A36 is my fav at the moment but subject to change :D

767F - sell it to one of the freight guys then buy the home/hangar/airstrip/aircraft that I really want

(quit thinkin' small guys)

King Air or a TBM or a PC12.

One I can actually maybe afford - Bo A36.

Tecnam P2006T or Glasair Sportsman 2+2.

I've always thought a TBM looked like a great and versatile airplane that could do anything I would use it for. So if I had unlimited funds I'd look at that pretty closely.

In the real world, I love the 172 and just a plane simple 6 pack steam gauge with a Garmin 430 on board and I'm a happy camper!

RV-9A...my dream plane for a long time, until I built it. Full fuel, two 220-lb. occupants and 100 lb. baggage puts me at max gross, 155 KTAS at 8.0 gph, 39 KIAS dirty stall speed at solo weight, low Experimental maintenance/repair/upgrade costs, and I do my own annuals. Suits my mission profile perfectly.

But..in the "wildest fantasy" category, it's a North American P-51D, just for those strafing runs through the countryside. :D:D To blow the cobwebs out, y'know.

Last edited:
767F - sell it to one of the freight guys then buy the home/hangar/airstrip/aircraft that I really want

(quit thinkin' small guys)

You’re forgetting the 767-300F bathroom is IN the flight deck that may fend some guys away haha

For me if we’re assuming we can by default afford the mx and fuel then TBM-930

If we have to assume we can actually afford the mx and fuel then SR-22T

Last edited:
If 3,000 feet is "shorter" for you, then maybe you should look at something other than a runway hog, that has higher approach speeds. The 250 mile range reduces the advantage of a faster plane, so just about anything with four seats and "shorter" field capable would work. Maybe a 172 with a 180hp conversion. Unless the pax are porkers.

Back