Looking for partner(s) for shared ownership...

cfd408

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
Peter
I posted another thread "Looking for my first Plane.. on a budget.." Got quite a few good suggestions.. one of which is shared ownership.. this raised another question..
How do I find a partner (or partners) interested in shared ownership?.. sounds like a simple questions... but is it really??

Maybe you could figure out what you want then do a search on the registry to find that type in your area. Write a letter to owner and ask if he would be will to accept a partner. Maybe there are planes out there close to you that arent being flown enough and their owners would welcome someone willing to come in a bear some of the costs.

Maybe you could figure out what you want then do a search on the registry to find that type in your area. Write a letter to owner and ask if he would be will to accept a partner. Maybe there are planes out there close to you that arent being flown enough and their owners would welcome someone willing to come in a bear some of the costs.
Great suggestion!.. I have a good idea of what I want/need performance wise..

Partners can be good, can be bad. Don’t just jump into bed with anyone that comes along. Make sure you are on the same page with everything. I have a partnership that is great. Same page about everything, it also helps he has his a&p.

I found my partner on a local aviation Facebook Group of all places. Sometimes FBO's will allow posted notices for things like this. The AOPA forum has a section for this called "Flying Club Talk". A quick look shows someone is looking for a partner in a Dakota. Of course geography is the determining factor. If you are in the Denver area you should have some more opportunities then say if you were in the middle of N. Dakota.

My two partners and I were previously in a club with a Comanche. Now, we own a Comanche.

Interestingly enough I've seen several Partnership listings on craigslist of all things. Just searched for aircraft or aviation. Not a lot but a couple...kind of wonder about those sometimes

A big majority of our club members found us via Craigslist (believe it or not - I find it hard to believe) but for the last 5 years, in good times and hard times, that's the truth.

Anyway, welcome to POA from another CO pilot. I'm at BJC with TenHiFlyers.

Thanks!.. I'm actually a transplanted CO pilot... originally a NY pilot... definitely getting an education in density altitude.. looking forward to taking the Mountain Flying Course..

If you haven't already seen the CO crew of POA threads, there are a number of us here, from Jeff/uh/Metro to Boulder to Front Range to Centennial (and I probably missed someone).

Thanks!.. I'm actually a transplanted CO pilot... originally a NY pilot... definitely getting an education in density altitude.. looking forward to taking the Mountain Flying Course..
Take a mountain flying course or at least read Sparky’s book before buying a plane. People talk about how a particular plane will do this or that...well the sad history is that they don’t at high density altitudes.

Take a mountain flying course or at least read Sparky’s book before buying a plane. People talk about how a particular plane will do this or that...well the sad history is that they don’t at high density altitudes.
that is next on my agenda.. deciding whether to do it thru CPA, Aspen or Flights-Inc.

that is next on my agenda.. deciding whether to do it thru CPA, Aspen or Flights-Inc.
CPA is good for a structured ground school and reference material. It’s a good starting place. A lot of mountain flying is continual learning, expanding your boundaries in small steps as your knowledge and experience grows. I just finished reading Margret Lamb’s book on reading mountain weather. It’s worth a couple hours of reading/study. Also start learning skew-t, log p diagrams to help with reading the weather.

I posted another thread "Looking for my first Plane.. on a budget.." Got quite a few good suggestions.. one of which is shared ownership.. this raised another question..
How do I find a partner (or partners) interested in shared ownership?.. sounds like a simple questions... but is it really??
I was in an airplane partnerships. Great way to get into the airplane ownership. It was good for a while, especially when most of the partners were to busy to fly. It went south when two of the partners scheduled the plane for all the holidays and most of the summer one year. That is the day I decided to go sole.

My partner is my wife. Works out just fine, we always agree on what needs done and were to go for the $100 burger...:)

CPA is good for a structured ground school and reference material. It’s a good starting place. A lot of mountain flying is continual learning, expanding your boundaries in small steps as your knowledge and experience grows. I just finished reading Margret Lamb’s book on reading mountain weather. It’s worth a couple hours of reading/study. Also start learning skew-t, log p diagrams to help with reading the weather.
I'll look for it on Amazon.. thanks!

A big majority of our club members found us via Craigslist (believe it or not - I find it hard to believe) but for the last 5 years, in good times and hard times, that's the truth.

Anyway, welcome to POA from another CO pilot. I'm at BJC with TenHiFlyers.

I found the membership that I bought on Craigslist.

Back