ECI and Millennium cylinder questions

Kitfox43

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Kitfox43
I'm going to look at a Continental O-200 engine tomorrow. The owner says it had new ECI cylinders installed a couple years ago, however, the pictures show Millennium valve covers. I know you can put any kind of valve cover you want on them. How can you tell the difference between ECI and Millennium cylinders? Also, I seem to recall some problems with ECI cylinders awhile back. How can I find out if these cylinders were part of the problems? Any info is greatly appreciated. Thank You.

I'm going to look at a Continental O-200 engine tomorrow. The owner says it had new ECI cylinders installed a couple years ago, however, the pictures show Millennium valve covers. I know you can put any kind of valve cover you want on them. How can you tell the difference between ECI and Millennium cylinders? Also, I seem to recall some problems with ECI cylinders awhile back. How can I find out if these cylinders were part of the problems? Any info is greatly appreciated. Thank You.
What does the engine log book say? Probably has documentation from the cylinder supplier.

Look at the cylinder serial numbers and compare to the AD listing. It’ll also determine manufacturer.

Back