Instrument Refresher Study Material

Direct C51

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Direct C51
I'm hoping to get some opinions on what might be the best material to study to prepare myself for an instrument evaluation and training for an IFR position. I am an instrument rated commercial pilot, but haven't flown instruments in several years. I have 1 week to study. I'm looking for an overall refresher on everything instrument related. So far I've got the FAA IFH downloaded on the iPad and am going through that. Does anyone have anything they like to look over for a refresher in addition, or instead of the IFH? I only have 1 week so I have to be efficient with my studying. Thanks.

Thanks for the recommendations guys. MauleSkinner - I forgot about the IPH in addition to the IFH, I appreciate the reminder.

I've read through the IFH, and am partly through the IPH. I plan to finish the IPH then spend a good amount of time looking through the chart user guide, "TPP, Chart Supp, and ELA charts especially the legends.

I will probably play around with Microsoft FSX a little as well. I've been playing with the GNS430 in my spare time to get familiar with the FPL and PROC stuff some more. In the end, I think being able to use the FMS/430 and then hand fly in IMC is primarily what they are looking for.

Pardon for asking but what exactly is that?

I'm a Commercial IFR helicopter pilot employed flying a VFR helicopter. I'll be hopefully moving to a location with an IFR helicopter.

Back