Drunk Droning Now Illegal in NJ

What if you flew a drone into New Jersey while drunk, but you are physically standing in an adjacent state at the time?

When your state laws are already a joke and you want to remove all doubt that you've gone full retard.

Christie just needs to have a massive heart attack and die already lol

c7d516f8e54780c72cf4cc33aa450802.png

How do you find a drunk drone pilot,do you give them a field sobriety test?

Damn you’re bitter!

Bitter, nah, just don't have any love for people like that, especially when they are more emperor than public servant.

How do you find a drunk drone pilot,do you give them a field sobriety test?

Make the drone fly the field sobriety test :dunno:

Think where you made the mistake is thinking that these people actually think out the logic of their laws lol

Bring a drone remote controller and FPV goggles into a bar and start doin shots.

Bitter, nah, just don't have any love for people like that, especially when they are more emperor than public servant.
While I do think it’s a bit much, I can see the underlying reasoning behind it. It’s ultimately for the public’s safety by preventing a drone being placed into the wrong hands. I know how much you hate infringement on your civil liberties.

14 CFR 107.27 states that a UAS operator must comply with 91.17 which is the drug & alcohol reg.

So what are the medical requirements for drone operation? Are all those ADD kids prevented from flying their Christmas quads? (Sorry, don't have a FAR handy.)

When your state laws are already a joke and you want to remove all doubt that you've gone full retard.

Christie just needs to have a massive heart attack and die already lol

I don't ever wish physical harm or death to anyone, not even a political leader that has acted badly or contrary to the interest of their constituents.

He's out of office now - we'll see how the new regime acts. From what I hear, the state is about to make a very hard left turn so this might just be a minor speed bump compared to what's coming...

107.17 Medical condition.
No person may manipulate the flight controls of a small unmanned aircraft system or act as a remote pilot in command, visual observer, or direct participant in the operation of the small unmanned aircraft if he or she knows or has reason to know that he or she has a physical or mental condition that would interfere with the safe operation of the small unmanned aircraft system.

I am absolutely bound by 8 hours bottle to throttle. My checklist for preflight even has 8 hours crew rest to boot!

107.17 Medical condition.
No person may manipulate the flight controls of a small unmanned aircraft system or act as a remote pilot in command, visual observer, or direct participant in the operation of the small unmanned aircraft if he or she knows or has reason to know that he or she has a physical or mental condition that would interfere with the safe operation of the small unmanned aircraft system.

So you can't drink beer and just watch a drone?

So you can't drink beer and just watch a drone?

You may want to familiarize yourself with what visual observer means in reference to UAS in Part 107.

Visual observer means a person who is designated by the remote pilot in command to assist the remote pilot in command and the person manipulating the flight controls of the small UAS to see and avoid other air traffic or objects aloft or on the ground.

While I do think it’s a bit much, I can see the underlying reasoning behind it. It’s ultimately for the public’s safety by preventing a drone being placed into the wrong hands. I know how much you hate infringement on your civil liberties.

Oh, well ifs it for "safety", why didn't you say so

tsa-agents-caught-in-groping-scandal.jpg

Last edited:
You may want to familiarize yourself with what visual observer means in reference to UAS in Part 107.

Visual observer means a person who is designated by the remote pilot in command to assist the remote pilot in command and the person manipulating the flight controls of the small UAS to see and avoid other air traffic or objects aloft or on the ground.

Apparently my humor is wasted on you.

Back