“Secret” Airplane @ Pratt & Whitney Florida

Perfect rouse. That’ll get the Chinese stirred up.

Fake news/Google Maps alien conspiracy.

This could be fun.
Anyone want to get together and build a full size decoy futuristic/alien tech aircraft we can set up outside and tear down and hide periodically?
Then we can build a large scale RC model and fly it around, making a video using some creative photo techniques, then "leak" the video/photos to the press.

If I recall correctly it's an F-35 engine inside a mockup of the tippy tail of an F-35. The shape of the front end is irrelevant for all but conspiracy theorists.

It looks just like an F-35 tail sans horizontal and vertical stabilizers.

I talked to a friend at Pratt Florida. It’s a RCS test fixture for testing nozzle integration on various designs.

Trust me:cool:

Cheers

Yeah I look at Google Satellite and a lot of engine test cells there.

Back when I working on the YF-22 and YF-23, PWA ran the YF119 engines on the open air test stands. The gators would come out of the surrounding waterholes and lay on the ramp behind the stands and really enjoy the ground vibration when the engine was at high power;).

The mounts were high up enough to give them a nice warm back while the bottom got a nice vibration. Toasted one once when the vectoring nozzle was deflected down. Tastes like chicken.

Cheers

Back when I working on the YF-22 and YF-23, PWA ran the YF119 engines on the open air test stands. The gators would come out of the surrounding waterholes and lay on the ramp behind the stands and really enjoy the ground vibration when the engine was at high power;).

The mounts were high up enough to give them a nice warm back while the bottom got a nice vibration. Toasted one once when the vectoring nozzle was deflected down. Tastes like chicken.

Cheers
How long you been telling that story or you just now make it up?

That's a Radar Cross Section Test Facility. If you look at the surrounding area, you can clearly see the dish, "runway," etc. I'm sure numerous designs go through that.

What would be funny is if it was just something like a BBQ grill used for company picnics like the airliner one that Delta has.

I could tell you about it, but the PoA website would probably disappear shortly thereafter. Followed by all the members.

When I was a mere slip of a lad, a local guy took most of the parts of a wrecked PA-11 Cub, and one night arranged them on the roof of his house to make it look like a plane had crashed into the house.
Come the dawn, and it caused quite the stir.
Who knew it was illegal to fake a plane wreck on your own property.

When I was a mere slip of a lad, a local guy took most of the parts of a wrecked PA-11 Cub, and one night arranged them on the roof of his house to make it look like a plane had crashed into the house.
Come the dawn, and it caused quite the stir.
Who knew it was illegal to fake a plane wreck on your own property.

I hope it is not illegal to build a replica SAM site on my property. Think farmer astronaut....

(I live under the traffic pattern and I look down at the airport)

This could be fun.
Anyone want to get together and build a full size decoy futuristic/alien tech aircraft we can set up outside and tear down and hide periodically?
Then we can build a large scale RC model and fly it around, making a video using some creative photo techniques, then "leak" the video/photos to the press.

I'm ready to go any time you are... and I can fly just about anything RC!

You can fly over all of it at 2500 all day long if you like. No need for GE.

Back