Is anyone going to start a 2018 Gaston's thread?

Hmm. I just happen to have about 300 hours or so saved up. It never occurred to me to be dishonest. You may be on to something there, Bry.
We’re gonna need beer, especially if I bring the Aussies. Lots and lots of beer.

Isn't that the most dangerous place to land in the states? I thought I saw that on the internet.

High wings are relegated to the "Trainer" area

View attachment 59400
yeah, those darn high wing trainers
Aero_Commander.jpg

Not only took it in, but also out.

I'm your first subscriber. Get that channel loaded up with Mooney 201 and 421 videos! Gonna have to spring for a GoPro now. :D

Last edited:
I've only been last year, but it was like a golf coarse fairway. You'll be fine with the pants on.

I've landed there a few times. Grass is always nice and short. Runway in good shape. One dip about 1/3 of the way from the end. It's not too bad tho

You wili hear a lot of people talking about a whoopiedoo in the runway. You will be like what the hell is a whoopiedoo?
It is a ramp strategically placed and hidden in the grass that makes you think your plane is ready to fly before it actually is. Don't fall for it or else you will fall for it.

You wili hear a lot of people talking about a whoopiedoo in the runway. You will be like what the hell is a whoopiedoo?
It is a ramp strategically placed and hidden in the grass that makes you think your plane is ready to fly before it actually is. Don't fall for it or else you will fall for it.
Sounds like you’ve fallen for it before

I don't remember the whoopiedoo. I guess I was off before then;)

I

@JCranford back me up here!
If’n ya had a plane that didn’t need to taxi full length before departure ya wouldn’t be pleading for a backup. Yer better off asking a Mooney driver or that meridian guy for help since that 210 was prolly off the ground before he even got to full throttle.

Well crap, Cranford, I thought I was doing pretty good only working every other week. Unfortunately, the aviation world seems to only be socially inclined on the half that I work. In my defense, I nearly begged to do the Kentucky Fly-in on an off week, but noooooooooooooo, Papa Charlie with a Y picked a work week. That guy has got something against me, I just know it. Maybe he's threatened by my rugged good looks, my ability to melt faces with my insane impromptu guitar shredding ability, and the far superior top wing aircraft I fly. I dunno, but he's got it out for me. In fact, I believe he picked the dates for both fly-ins. Coincidence? I think not.
Sounds like Okie should partner up with me and Grant and become part of the company Bryan is wanting to take down

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Dude it is not dishonest. You pay for those days.
Actually I dont know how it works. My company just gives you PTO and you do with it what you want.

But "sick" can also mean a lot of things.

You have sick guitar skills man!
Do I hear another you tube video in the making?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

The whoop-D-doo is even more fun on landing. Hey, I'm landing.......no wait, I'm flying......no, I'm landing.......

So if I land with the gear up, then I dont have to worry about the whoop-d-doo? I am smart.

Back