Pirep: McDonald's Filet o Fish Sandwich (or, salad, rather)

stop, stop, STOP, STOP! fish do not grow in squares! fish are not sandwich material. fish can be fast food but only with chips. Just say no!

What about SpongeBob Squarepants..???

spongebob-spongebob-squarepants-4352448-440-648.jpg

Ok, technically a sponge, but still from the sea......
You eat fried sponge?

My wife is Asian. Sometimes I do not want to know what she is cooking....:lol::lol:

I tried a McRib once, I'd rather eat a hotdog with BBQ sauce on it.

Hot dogs warmed in BBQ sauce was the staple of race track foods for years. One of the most disgusting combinations ever...

The real races was on the drive home from the track. Who could pass flatus and render other people in the truck unconscious first....

I'l
Their sausage biscuits are great. Same for the McGriddles. Breakfast burrito is also good and cheap. Love, love, love the Mac, but it's so unhealthy that my heart can't manage more than one a year. Mocha frappe is delicious! Fries are good, but really they're just a method to get to the ketchup. Their ketchup could be a meal by itself. I've always wondered if it was specially crafted just for McD's.

You'll never find a better Diet Coke than fresh from a McDonald's dispenser. I read an article a few months ago about why that's true, kind of interesting.

With all that said, I still think Wendy's single is the best tasting fast food burger, and BK's whopper jr. a close second. But McD's has the winning combination of being cheap and fast, something the others just don't have.

I like their sausage and egg McMuffs. I'll eat a couple if I plan on doing a marathon bike ride. I don't mind their double quarter pounders, but honestly the only reason McD's is on my radar at all is because it is the only fast food available within walking distance of the house.

Clara Peller was fired from Wendy's for doing a spaghetti sauce commercial for Campbell's Soup in which she wondered "Where's the beef?" and then declared, "I found it, I really found it.!".

Wendy's decided that she could only find the beef at Wendy's and let her go...Which was the beginning of a two year sales slump for the company, and did not really fully recover until 5 years later when they started using Dave Thomas in commercials.

Such a wild and crazy lady...

Research.

I wasn't trying to be judgy with my comment by the way.
I just think of it is a kids place.

You are in 10X better shape than I will ever be. I think of Mcd as really low rung on the food and even fast food latter.
You can probably get away with eating that stuff as your body (or what I can tell from the photo of your socks and one of your arms) is probably very efficient at processing stuff.

That square fish though....

I took Sac's comment as another way of saying, "people watching". King of like another place to mentally make fun of the people of Wal-Mart. Which includes people like you and Sac. And eman.

You are in 10X better shape than I will ever be. I think of Mcd as really low rung on the food and even fast food latter.

Meh, to some it's comfort food. My wife once in a while likes a can of Chef Boyardee mini ravioli, and I'm guilty of having Kraft blue box once in while. Neither is haute cuisine, but it hits the spot.

You can probably get away with eating that stuff as your body (or what I can tell from the photo of your socks and one of your arms) is probably very efficient at processing stuff.

That square fish though....

You gotta do a little bottom feeding every once in a while. I think I'll drive down to the local Walmart and pick up a crack whore while I'm at it.

Meh, to some it's comfort food. My wife once in a while likes a can of Chef Boyardee mini ravioli, and I'm guilty of having Kraft blue box once in while. Neither is haute cuisine, but it hits the spot.

When nobody is looking, I will swipe a spoonful of the kids spaghettio's

Yuck and yuck. I've never understood why the Chef Boyardee (and much of the other cheap sauces) have so much sugar in them.

Say hello to Mrs. Boyardee for me, too.

Meh, to some it's comfort food. My wife once in a while likes a can of Chef Boyardee mini ravioli,
I like the regular size. I have a couple cans in the cupboard, and I'm not one to store a lot of food. No one ever accused me of being a foodie, though.

If you want haute cuisine, you need to add hot dog slices to your kraft mac and cheese.

I enjoy a Filet-o-Fish once in a while. I admit it's not haute cuisine.

Last edited:
We keep 'guilty pleasures' lists. Kraft mac&cheese and CB ravioli (full-scale, not the models) are both on my list, as are pop-tarts. And we *are* foodies, but we're not snobbish about it.

The occasional New York boxfish is on there too....

Nauga,
who will have the duck confit...and a large diet Mt. Dew

While we’re on the topic of guilty pleasures, I used to like Philly Cheesesteak or chicken & cheese Hotpockets for a late night snack. Been awhile since I’ve had either, now that I think of it.

Never cared much for pop tarts, but toaster strudels were my thing.

We keep 'guilty pleasures' lists. Kraft mac&cheese and CB ravioli (full-scale, not the models) are both on my list, as are pop-tarts. And we *are* foodies, but we're not snobbish about it.

The occasional New York boxfish is on there too....

Nauga,
who will have the duck confit...and a large diet Mt. Dew

There's lots of things we normally don't keep around the house, because we try to eat healthy. But, on vacation my wife rolls her eyes, because my daughter and I load up the cart with "vacation food." Entenmanns chocolate frosted donuts, oreos, pinwheels, ginger snaps, Flamin' Hot Cheetos, BBQ chips, York peppermint patties, etc. We binge eat junk food all week, it drives the wife nuts.

Hey, it's vacation! We'll get back to clean livin' next week...

Damn, you know of Utz chips? I like these...
If I've traveled 2500 miles for chips, I'm damn well gonna find someplace that has CRAB chips :D

And THESE things may be the death of me:
0040611900439_A

Nauga,
ballin'

If I've traveled 2500 miles for chips, I'm damn well gonna find someplace that has CRAB chips :D

And THESE things may be the death of me:

I love Cheesy Poofs.
You love Cheesy Poofs.
If we didn't eat Cheesy Poofs.
We'd be lame.

Okay... so... I was going to post up my gratuitous breakroom shot of Utz pub mix but we were out of Utz pub mix and these are the current offerings:

IMG_3753.JPG

Then I noticed that this showed up:

IMG_3752.JPG

No. Just no.

Sac. do not eat that stuff. That's how you get the flu.
People's hands are filthy.

Junk food Friday here at work, everyone gets a 290 calorie chocolate donut for dessert.

IMG_1040.JPG

While we’re on the topic of guilty pleasures, I used to like Philly Cheesesteak

Mmm! Philly cheesesteaks, love 'em. But, only in New Joisey. When I'd go home on leave from the Air Force my mom would have hoagies waiting for me, Italian and Cheesesteaks. Good stuff!

Back