New California declares ‘independence’ from California, hopes to become 51st state

Status
Not open for further replies.
Biggest negative to having a New California is that it would still be full of the same old Californians...

Your ignorance of the representation of rural areas is astounding. Montana and similar low population states are way over represented in Congress per capitalize wise. A voter in those states has much more power than a voter in a densely populated state. Compare population verses senator. This was done to appease the south that should have had Sherman turned loose on the a second time.

I apologize for my ignorance.

Are you confusing Roger Sherman with William Sherman?

Every few years a SoCal contingent starts screamin this...and all of us in NorCal say "Go Ahead"...cuz we have all the natural resources, agriculture and industry and would be GLAD to sell it to ya! SoCal was built in a desert.

Other then some biotech in San Diego, SoCal only has a dying entertainment industry as even that is fleeing the state

This is more of a coastal vs. inland contingent separation.. and if the New California folks win... from what I understand, we'll be begging them for resources....

So Cal is dying you say.... could have fooled me.. But I will digress that some major business are leaving both northern and southern California...

So Cal is dying you say.... could have fooled me

Entertainment industry...while it is still the epicenter, a lot of production is fleeing the state like every other business and it is not the sole powerhouse it once was.

...there are a LOT of waiters in SoCal.

Your ignorance of the representation of rural areas is astounding. Montana and similar low population states are way over represented in Congress per capitalize wise. A voter in those states has much more power than a voter in a densely populated state. Compare population verses senator. This was done to appease the south that should have had Sherman turned loose on the a second time.
Your attempt to point out his “ignorance” only showed yours. Montana and other low population states aren’t over represented. They are perfectly represented as established by our founding fathers. Take a moment to review the intent of the house vs senate before asking people to compare population vs senator. Done to “appease the south”??? Wrong again professor...4 of the 5 states that created the senate as we know it are all northern states. “the south that should have had Sherman turned loose on the a second time” First off, big douchebag comment. More importantly, wrong war/time period for the creation of Congress. You do know that, don’t you??

Entertainment industry...while it is still the epicenter, a lot of production is fleeing the state like every other business and it is not the sole powerhouse it once was.

Exactly, the amount of stuff filmed in Canada now days is quite high.

I'm sure there are a lot of folks that feel very unrepresented by their urban governments. Colorado and Illinois come to mind.
I agree. If you look at a county by county map of Illinois, the state is very red. There are more people living in the Chicago metro area than the rest of the state combined and the way they vote typically takes the rest of the state with it.

Lots of movies being made in Georgia.

Your attempt to point out his “ignorance” only showed yours. Montana and other low population states aren’t over represented. They are perfectly represented as established by our founding fathers. Take a moment to review the intent of the house vs senate before asking people to compare population vs senator. Done to “appease the south”??? Wrong again professor...4 of the 5 states that created the senate as we know it are all northern states. “the south that should have had Sherman turned loose on the a second time” First off, big douchebag comment. More importantly, wrong war/time period for the creation of Congress. You do know that, don’t you??

'Preciate the back-up. I chose to simply disengage from that kind of douchebaggery and maybe salvage what could actually be a productive conversation. I'm sure it's futile at this point though.

You know, I think I read that Roger Sherman and William Sherman sent Sherman tanks to enforce the Sherman compromise.

[Don't bother correcting this ridiculous assertion]

On a board where people rave about the CAP I expected a lot of these comments. Now where is my tin foil hat?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back