Pirep: McDonald's Filet o Fish Sandwich (or, salad, rather)

Btw....those three fish food patties musta been at lease 3,000+ calories....:eek: even without the bread.

8d285b495adbd404c86486b5bc6a2110.jpg
That is a cubic fish, not a square fish.

Correction, The genus is actually: Pre Filet-o

Micky Dee's fish sandwich is made from the stuff they're not allowed to put in cat food. Not only is that stuff pure crap it's expensive. You can get a real lunch for $12

Somehow I am picturing a wintertime barnyard scene of shivering cold Canadian pigs that, unbeknownst to the farmer, are seeking shelter under his warm Caterpillar tractor while he idles briefly before continuing on its way.

stop, stop, STOP, STOP! fish do not grow in squares! fish are not sandwich material. fish can be fast food but only with chips. Just say no!

What about SpongeBob Squarepants..???

spongebob-spongebob-squarepants-4352448-440-648.jpg

Ok, technically a sponge, but still from the sea......

Wendy's claims burgers and chicken parts. Fish are not claimed and rightfully so.
"Wendy's Premium Cod Filet Sandwich." It was the commercial from that I had the "If it's round it's a burger line..."

Of course, prices and participation may vary.

I want to open a McDonald's and not participate in anything. I want to be a stubborn McDonald's owner. I say Cheeseburgers...Nope. We got spaghetti! And blankets. But we are not affiliated with that clown. He attracts too many children. --Mitch Hedberg.

The only thing from McD's that I will eat is the big breakfast, and even then only as a quick breakfast when on a road trip.

I tried a McRib once, I'd rather eat a hotdog with BBQ sauce on it.

two all beef patties special sauce lettuce cheese pickles onions on a sasame seed bun...

Sadly, from memory. Yet I can't remember the part number I was working on yesterday...

two all beef patties special sauce lettuce cheese pickles onions on a sasame seed bun...

Sadly, from memory. Yet I can't remember the part number I was working on yesterday...
if you sing those part numbers....you'll remember them. :D

I eat to live vs live to eat. I meet a friend for lunch once a week and it's always at McDonald's. I get a regular burger and bag of ketchup delivery devices. It's not great food, but it's not terrible, and is in the price range I'm willing to spend on lunch.

I read that McDonald's is bringing back a new version of the Arch Deluxe, which was a dismal failure some time back. I'd probably eat something like that every couple of weeks. A better burger with fresh cold veggies. Sadly, I don't know that it will succeed any more than the Arch Deluxe. I hope it does, but most people don't go to McDonald's to spend $5-$6 on a burger. They want what I want - a cheap and fast bite.

I watch a lot of the "Today I Found Out" videos on YouTube. They have one about the history of the Filet-o-Fish sandwich, and it's really kind of interesting. The short answer is, it was driven by Lent and pre-Vatican 2 "no meat on Fridays".

I tried a McRib once, too, when they first came out. I'd rather eat an old shoe without barbecue sauce on it . . .
If you're eating a McRib, you're in for the sauce. You're not eating it for the taste of the meat.

If you're eating a McRib, you're in for the sauce. You're not eating it for the taste of the meat.

In know tastes differ, but I didn't find anything special about the sauce, let alone the meat. Maybe back in the day when BBQ wasn't prevalent everywhere, but now it seems even small towns have decent Mon-n-Pop BBQ joints.

I've ordered their grilled chicken snack wrap without the dressing. Usually get two, pretty healthy. Egg McMuffin too. That's about it for Mickee Dees though, for me. Wife, she's more of a Big Mac combo.

Last edited:
Why would any adult eat at McDonald's?
Egg McMuffin and coffee...okay and the ‘hash brown’ thing because it’s fried. Of course that’s only if there isn’t time to eat the breakfast burrito from the mom-n-pop place. It’s good but makes a mess so ya can’t decently eat it on the road.

Why would any adult eat at McDonald's?

Their sausage biscuits are great. Same for the McGriddles. Breakfast burrito is also good and cheap. Love, love, love the Mac, but it's so unhealthy that my heart can't manage more than one a year. Mocha frappe is delicious! Fries are good, but really they're just a method to get to the ketchup. Their ketchup could be a meal by itself. I've always wondered if it was specially crafted just for McD's.

You'll never find a better Diet Coke than fresh from a McDonald's dispenser. I read an article a few months ago about why that's true, kind of interesting.

With all that said, I still think Wendy's single is the best tasting fast food burger, and BK's whopper jr. a close second. But McD's has the winning combination of being cheap and fast, something the others just don't have.

Back