What is the word on Interjet Airlines?

orange

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
Orange
I think it's a new airline based in Mexico if I'm not mistaken. They are offering decent fares to Central America from NY.

Never heard of them.

TIA

They've been around quite a while. I always notice them cause it's the only operator i see with the SSJ operating into the United States. Did some searching looks like they've been servicing specifically the New York area since 2012

Been here for more than 10 years now. Began as a LCC then after Mexicana went bankrupt transitioned to a legacy model.
Single class cabin
Great leg room

Flew them from Miami to Cancun a couple of years ago. Good legroom, good service, free booze. The only airline in the Western Hemisphere that flies Sukhoi Superjets I believe. They had to ground some planes recently due to safety concerns. Unsure how that had impacted them financially. Buyer beware.

Short/mid term you should be fine.
There´s a lot of noise in the press regarding the Sukhoi since they grounded them last year and now +7 of them are grounded because they don´t have spare parts and the engines have been in service for months.
The airline blames the manufacturer
They canceled some small routes because of this issue.

Side note: the owner is the son of a former Mexican president. Billionaires

I need to go to NYC in 3 weeks. Interjet $340 with 50lbs of luggage vs. Delta/United/Aeromexico $680 plus luggage. I´m likely to buy Interjet although they don´t have a loyalty program per se

Back