Anyone fly in Humboldt County CA?

sectrew

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
sectrew
I am in the area of KFOT and just curious what presence we have in the area. I am just getting started in this and doing a discovery flight soon. If anyone flies in the area and wants company on a flight, I'd love to tag along.

Welcome to POA. I can’t recall any regular posters that far north. Best of luck with your training.

Hey, thanks guys. That's pretty much the curse of the Redwood Curtain. The local flight school told me no, they aren't taking more students. So I am going to travel to take some lessons.

I'm not based anywhere near, but Shelter Cove is one of my favourite airports of all time.

I'm not based anywhere near, but Shelter Cove is one of my favourite airports of all time.
I've been there once, but I didn't have time to adequately explore the place. What are your favorite things to do or see there?

The fish and chips at the little store are the best ( at least a few years ago) I have had.

You kidding? Favorite thing to do in Humboldt County? Get buzzed! My 210 would be a great Humboldt County plane? Take out the seats, I bet I could get 8 or 10 bales in there!

I was going to fly into KFOT for a 1/2 marathon a few years ago, but there were no rental cars and I ended up at Eureka (KACV). I was pretty lucky on the weather, though.

You kidding? Favorite thing to do in Humboldt County? Get buzzed! My 210 would be a great Humboldt County plane? Take out the seats, I bet I could get 8 or 10 bales in there!

Wouldn't even cost a lot anymore. It is down to about $300/lb for outdoor.

The U.S. Attorney general has recently given federal prosecutors permission to resume enforcement of the federal marijuana prohibition regardless of whether the state involved has repealed its own prohibition.

It is thankfully not my industry. But I would love to see all the greenhouses from the air. It looks ridiculous on google images.

I just moved up here myself. Have my pilots license but no plane (recently sold).

Got offered a ride at the local EAA chapter meeting. IMG_2924.jpg IMG_2928.jpg In a Cessna 337.

Back