HNL landing missile attack

Pilot: "Crew : Prepare for Nuc Det”

Crew: Copy.

"

We had a nuclear detonation EP on the E-3. The UNCLAS portion was fasten seat belts, insert glare shields. There were additional procedures at a higher level.

The biggest issue with being on a commercial flight during a nuke is that there isn't enough room in the seat rows to be able to stick your head between your legs and kiss your ass goodbye.

One of My best friends was actually operating a 757 to one of the Hawaii islands when that happened. They had no idea, he first heard about it when he landed and saw my text about it!

I’m sure each airline and each specific dispatcher is different, and perhaps he was far enough out at the time that it didn’t matter. But that was his experience

The alert was issued at 0807 and it was not until 0820 that Emergency Management issued a clarification on Twitter.
Wait, so people without Tw@tter didn't know it was fake until their kids told them? I sure would hope that each cellphone that received the alert would have received a retraction via the same medium (text).

rAMPDpj.jpg

Wonder if anyone got laid before the world, ok Hawaii, ended?

If I was enroute I'd start planning on diverting or turning back depending on location. I'd also throw up our window shades and advise the cabin to lower theirs.

The thought of getting on the ground ASAP or far enough way would also be of thought as our aircraft are not hardened. Hell if it was real I wouldn't discount flying on the eastern backsides of the islands. EMP is mostly LOS.

Your basically choosing to either climb and run or descend and hide in my view. That would be a tough call and it would depend on time since launch, location and numerous other holy **** factors! Our military guys would have better answers.

One thing is for sure! I'd have my sunglasses on!

Hopefully we' only be dealing with one crazy a$$ MF launching one missile. If China or Russia joined in or Trump got trigger happy well everything above is null anyway!

We were on our way to LIH from DEN. Didn't hear a word about it until we saw the news after we arrived on Kauai. As we called it in ROTC in the early 1970s, a true Charlie Foxtrot. The local media is still going nuts about it today. I've seen some great shirts on Facebook. Somebody screwed the pooch and should be fired for incompetence (but don't hold your breath). Other than that, I'm looking forward to 4 weeks of relaxation here.

If I was enroute I'd start planning on diverting or turning back depending on location. I'd also throw up our window shades and advise the cabin to lower theirs.

The thought of getting on the ground ASAP or far enough way would also be of thought as our aircraft are not hardened. Hell if it was real I wouldn't discount flying on the eastern backsides of the islands. EMP is mostly LOS.

Your basically choosing to either climb and run or descend and hide in my view. That would be a tough call and it would depend on time since launch, location and numerous other holy **** factors! Our military guys would have better answers.

One thing is for sure! I'd have my sunglasses on!

Hopefully we' only be dealing with one crazy a$$ MF launching one missile. If China or Russia joined in or Trump got trigger happy well everything above is null anyway!

My guess is Oahu would be the target with U.S. Pacific Command Headquarters here in Pearl Harbor so a landing on a different island might be a good option if the threat was real, probably the nearest as the launch to impact time is just under 20 minutes. Johnston Atoll is probably the closest place with a landing strip outside of Hawaii, closer than Midway.

Somebody screwed the pooch and should be fired for incompetence (but don't hold your breath)

The responsible individual has been reassigned and not fired according to media reports. Government employees are only fired for political reasons and not incompetence.

Back in 1941 didn't someone tell the radar operators to ignore a big signal getting closer to Hawaii...??

How did that work out..??

Back in 1941 didn't someone tell the radar operators to ignore a big signal getting closer to Hawaii...??

How did that work out..??

Oh yeah, the radar dude reported it and they thought it was B-17s. As we now know, it was the Germans in Junkers and they bombed Pearl Harbor. Bastards.

The responsible individual has been reassigned and not fired according to media reports. Government employees are only fired for political reasons and not incompetence.
"Hey boss, I'm tired of this job. Can I do something else?"
"Sorry, guy. We don't have any openings elsewhere."
"Okay" <push warning button>

Back