TSA actually find a gun this time...

I was once a passive player in a security test. I think it was San Diego. As I placed my briefcase on the belt at the checkpoint, a guard placed a small package on top of it and gave me the "keep quiet" gesture. I hustled through the WTMD in time to see the screen on the X-Ray machine. There was quite clearly a hand grenade in the picture. To his credit, the operator did notice that.

I once had another passenger who got dinged going through the scanner for not having empty pockets and sent back to empty his pockets try to put his items in my tray(I don't recall exactly what it was). I took it out and tossed it on the belt. ****ed the guy off but I didn't care. I'd do the same if anyone put something on or with my things even if they were TSA or a guard or whatever. I also wait until my things disappear into the machine before I walk to the scanner. To do otherwise is foolish.

The TSA agent who stopped her should be fired. He allowed her to continue onto the plane with her hand. If it was dangerous in security, it was dangerous on the airplane, they should have amputated the hand or refused to allow her to every fly on an airplane. For that matter, none of us should be flying with hands that can arbitrarily be converted into guns. No pop tarts either.

I guess if you're German, counting to 2 or beyond in security can get you arrested...

Every time I see this thread, I get triggered by stupid government employees all over again...

I know what you mean. I was just reading that memo last week about the terrorists who are amputating their fingers, replacing them with barrels and linking the firing pin to their thumbs. We can't have people putting up a finger and thumb anywhere because it looks like a gun.

I mean it's a good thing she wasn't eating breakfast at the same time, two guns might have gotten her thrown in Gitmo for a few decades...

Need to seriously reexamine that...

View attachment 59250
oops. someone beat me to the punch.

Sure the TSA is largely irrelevant and it is make-work, but we are going to need more and more make-work in the future. The Economist just published a study that estimated in 135 years all work will be replaced by AI/robots. People don't work just for money, they work for meaning in life and human dignity too. Would you rather these people be on the dole?

You know how homeless people give out papers and you drop them you buck or a fiver? It's make work but it gives them more dignity than if you just handed them the money.

Next time you go through security, just think of them as panhandlers doing make-work. Promise it wil make it go easier.

Back