Display name:
FORANE
Selling Echouat with FVX GPS receiver
2020 compliant ads-b in/out
comes with everything you see in pics
$1200

1zeb41l.jpg

2vkxe37.jpg

since this meets 2020 compliance ... its beyond me why i cant put this in a certificated aircraft ... :mad::mad::mad:

I think this is what bothers everyone with a certified aircraft. The experimental are sharing the same airspace with ADSB Out equipment that is a lot cheaper. Not sure that makes much sense! If the accuracy is good enough for experimental to fly in Class C, why can’t that same equipment be used in a certified aircraft for flying in Class C. And I am only talking about ADSB Out. Not other avionics.

I think this is what bothers everyone with a certified aircraft. The experimental are sharing the same airspace with ADSB Out equipment that is a lot cheaper. Not sure that makes much sense! If the accuracy is good enough for experimental to fly in Class C, why can’t that same equipment be used in a certified aircraft for flying in Class C. And I am only talking about ADSB Out. Not other avionics.

You have to understand the psychology of the FAA in order to understand the paradox. You're being penalized because the FAA deems the aircraft capable of revenue. That's it, not a conspiracy. So they treat you with analogous over-zealousness as part 25 aircraft.

To be clear, there was a push to align the spirit of intent behind piston recreational general aviation with that of the ex-ab sub-category. It was called primary non-commercial. And they killed it without public disclosure. Why they did that is the only conspiracy theory here. The FAA was never forthcoming as to why they opted to assassinate that provision within the legislation. So much for transparency from the rent-seeking lifers at the FAA.

But I digress, don't mean to derail this thread. BL, you are naive if you think there's a single standard of safety in general aviation. Different spanks for different ranks is the name of the game.

To bring it back on topic. OP why are you selling? Figured it be a valid question for those interested in the item.

To bring it back on topic. OP why are you selling? Figured it be a valid question for those interested in the item.
I installed it and had a couple of initial issues. First, the echo app would not run on my note 4 phone; a few emails to uavionics support and they released a version compatible with my phone. Second, the wiring harness supplied by the vendor had 1 wire in an incorrect position so the echouat failed the initial ads-b compliance report in 2 categories. A few emails with uavionics support and they sent a new harness which resolved that issue.

Now it works to satisfy the 2020 ads-b out requirements in rule airspace. I just want more serial ports than this model offers so that when I am outside ads-b coverage my altitude encoder will feed the unit. The encoder is not hard wired in these units; they rely on sniffing the output from the transponder when it gets pinged. Some transponders (like a gtx330) have the ability to output both squak and encoder altitude on the serial out. Others like my gtx327 can only serial out squak. Thus a gtx330 would work better with this unit. That is not to say it doesn't work 100% in rule airspace with a gtx327; it does.

This item has sold on another forum.

Back