737 runway excursion in Turkey

Apparently one, if not two, of the left rear mains locked. You can see skid marks. That is was steered it left.

I bet the plane is totaled.

Unreal it didn't fall further. Very glad no one was injured seriously or killed.

Parts sales starts Monday.

I've landed there (as a passenger commercially). At least at the time, there was no taxiway and you had to spin 180 degrees to take off after back-taxiing. Seems like this must have happened at fairly low speed or else it'd be in the sea.

Can't power back out of that space?

Nobody got hurt thankfully, but must have been... interesting.

Yes, that must have been a very interesting evacuation. Good thing the gear either dug in or collapsed, or it might have been quite a different outcome.

Lucky that no one ,ended up down the cliff,during the evacuation.

Yes, that must have been a very interesting evacuation. Good thing the gear either dug in or collapsed, or it might have been quite a different outcome.

Terrain following radar and 6-wheel drive saved the day. :rolleyes::)

They need 3 guys named Bubba and a big 4WD to pull that thing out of the ditch.

They need 3 guys named Bubba and a big 4WD to pull that thing out of the ditch.

Nah....

100887343_124281569ecabe.jpg

You can tell the difference between a foreign and a US carrier here. If that had been a US carrier, the airline logos would have already been covered over.

Apparently one, if not two, of the left rear mains locked. You can see skid marks. That is was steered it left.

I bet the plane is totaled.

Unreal it didn't fall further. Very glad no one was injured seriously or killed.

Parts sales starts Monday.

Rear mains?

You can tell the difference between a foreign and a US carrier here. If that had been a US carrier, the airline logos would have already been covered over.

If it had been a US carrier there would have been an extra charge levied to get the checked baggage off the plane and carried to the terminal carousel.

If it had been a US carrier there would have been an extra charge levied to get the checked baggage off the plane and carried to the terminal carousel.

Gate agent: "That was an act of God ma'am, so we don't cover those expenses"......

Going to take some thinking about how to get it out of that "ditch." Someone posted a helicopter picture, I don't think their are any helicopters that big.

Back