selling old avionics?

lsu_wildcatter

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
lsu_wildcats
Just wondering do I just dump the old avionics on ebay or what do I do with them. I am taking out a king stack, digital dme, adf and a couple kx155s with glideslopes. I guess the radios are worth a thousand or so apiece, do I just toss the other stuff at this point? I am switching to digital for the stack, and the gps's are nav/coms.

ADF is still useable in other countries. If it’s a KR87 wouldn’t mind a spare for mine. Some guys still like DME. Take pics in the plane while on and list them up, see what happens.

Don't toss anything.

Go Barnstormers and some of the type specific forums first, then go to eBay.

Reception will vary for a low time member with low post count trying to sell stuff, but you may get a little more money out of the stuff without the eBay/Paypal fees.

Good luck. [And don't forget to put a pencil in the pictures]

Gotcha - thx. Yes pretty funny, but good to know since I’ll be selling some stuff after my panel upgrade in April.

Sold my ADF system for $470 on eBay. Put reasonable prices on the stuff or just start the auction at $1. People bid it up to the current value. eBay has pages of old avionics that never sell, as some people think the prevailing prices are the asking prices.

Everything has a market and is valuable to somebody, somewhere. Give it a go and see what happens. As NordicDave said, be realistic about your asking prices. Many people are way too proud of their stuff.

Sold my ADF system for $470 on eBay. Put reasonable prices on the stuff or just start the auction at $1. People bid it up to the current value. eBay has pages of old avionics that never sell, as some people think the prevailing prices are the asking prices.

I have seen people posting old avionics for prices that are not sellable. Example, someone selling a KX 155 for 3k. Why would I pay that much for a 20 year old radio, I will just pay another 2k and get a brand new radio.

Everything has a market and is valuable to somebody, somewhere. Give it a go and see what happens. As NordicDave said, be realistic about your asking prices. Many people are way too proud of their stuff.
Yes! I sold the old radios out of my Cherokee for enough to cover about half the cost of the new ones. Who woulda thunkit, an MX12 would command such a high price?

Ditto.

Toss nothing. Lists all for sale. Here, barnstormers, eBay, and everywhere else you can.

There's lots of those King avionics installed and still in service. You'll find a market for them because buying a used slide in replacement is less expensive, and less hassle, than getting one repaired.

Back