Southwest POA Fly-in at Winslow AZ (KINW) March 24 2018

PeterNSteinmetz

Ejection Handle Pulled
Display Name

Display name:
PeterNSteinmetz
Ok, a bunch of people have expressed interest in this, so how about trying a PoA Flyin on this upcoming March 24 at KINW?

We meet at the FBO there (Wiseman Aviation) around 11 AM and plan on getting lunch from the Mexican restaurant (E & O Kitchen) just behind it.

Weather could be good or rather bad that time of year so we’ll have to be flexible.

Last edited:
I’ll keep this in mind

Me too.

FBO manager: Hey Karl, take yer slingblade out to runway eleven and chop down all those weeds.
Karl: Ain't gonna do it, I dun tol that purty girl ta jus put dem weeds in the comments. I'm jus gonna sit here an eat muh french fried pataters with mustard on em...ummmm hmmmm.
FBO manager: Well, use the lawnmower then.
Karl: Ain't got no gas init, ummmmm hmmmmm

RWY 11-29 OUTER 35' ON EACH SIDE EXTREMELY ROUGH DUE TO VEGETATION GROWING IN THE NUMEROUS CRACKS.

Last edited:
I'm gonna bump this beahtch just like the Gastons thread.

I just gotta find someone to fly up with me.

Just about a month out from this gathering. Come on out to meet your fellow POA members from the SW!

My plane will be down for the next two weeks for upholstery and fuel gauge/sender install but I plan to be there with bells on the 24th.

TSO makes some tasty chicken.

TSO'd, STC'd, PMA'd....whatever it takes.

Well, unexpected things in life can get in the way of flying. It turns out I will be attending a preview day for my son's college on the 24th in Prescott, so won't be able to make this fly-in. I think about 6 people have said they are going so my first inclination is to wish you all a very good time and hopefully I will be able to make the next one. Darn, I was looking forward to meeting people in person.

If everyone would prefer to delay, I will look for a date later in April or May to replace, but imagine it is just best to keep this date as is for this time around.

Um...since when are we limited to one fly in per year? :)

My airplane is still in pieces (not broke, just upgrading) and it may be right down to the wire as to me flying it up there on the 24th but if the weather cooperates, I think I can still swing it.

Looks like fun! I'll try to make it if the weather plays nice.

While it's still cool, it's great to take the walk to the restored La Posada hotel Fred Harvey built. Very cool breakfast selections that they served based on their historic southwest menu. Walk is about 1.5 miles each way. Probably 8 train tracks wide at hotel with constant train activity for entertainment as well.

We're gonna have remnants of a Pineapple Express storm due to hit SoCal (tonight through Friday morning) working their way toward AZ on Saturday, so this VFR pilot is out for now.

Reschedule for next month?

Though not terrible, I bet the winds over the mountains and rim would have made for a rough ride today.

KINW 241856Z AUTO 21016G27KT 10SM CLR 20/M06 A2995 RMK AO2 PK WND 22027/1854 SLP096 T02001061

My thoughts as well.

We flew down from Prescott to KCHD late Saturday afternoon. Winds at KPRC not unlike those reported at KINW. Was a bit bumpy but not too bad in a C177. Steeper rim may have been rougher though I suppose.

Back