NA iphone ought to be able to do this simple thing

Let'sgoflying!

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Dave Taylor
Does every one of the 191,000,000 iphone users in the world wake up when their alarm goes off?
I usually beat mine by 10 mins, then hear it blaring in the other room while brushing teeth or um other important functions. Such a pain to open the alarm, shut it off then remember to go back in to reactivate it later. Cohabitaters not thrilled by unattended racket each morning either.
Should be able to say, “Siri, Im up” .....and no alarm til next workday.
Maybe another app?
(lmgtfy answers have been disabled for this thread)
(olde Englishe answers allowed, but with a 2-wench penalty)

I only use my iphone alarm when I'm traveling.

Fooled by another thread title.

So it seems the iPhone is a crappy alarm clock. Who'd of thunked it?
Why would a crappy phone do anything else well?

I'd love it if they decided to master being a good phone instead of adding more crappy features.

Note: I only buy the ****ing things because I like to complain about how ****ty they are. And when I ignore phone calls or get bored during a call I can hang up and say "****ing iPhone." In fairness, I blame AT&T about 40% of the time

I always use my iPhone as an alarm when I need to get up. I've never had trouble with it. Sure, if I wake up before the alarm and forget to turn it off, it goes off. Doesn't every alarm?

What's really annoying is sometimes I hit the snooze bar, and then decide to go to the little boys room, and I don't make it back before the 9 mins is up.

Topic for another thread: Who picked 9 mins for the snooze, what other durations were considered, and why isn't it adjustable?

Just turned off the alarm when ya get up. I always do. OK, I forget some. Well alright, 50% of the time maybe. Anyway, turn it off. Or cancel. Whatever it is you do to make it go back to sleep. Not you. The phone.

What's really annoying is sometimes I hit the snooze bar, and then decide to go to the little boys room, and I don't make it back before the 9 mins is up.
Doesn't using the bathroom wake you up enough so that you don't care about snoozing later?

I never hit snooze, on any alarm.

I never hit snooze, on any alarm.

Picked up the habit. I would wake up and check my email. The snooze was to remind me to stop and prep to go to the office.

I wasn't "snoozing," I should have just set a wake time and get out of the hotel room time.

Topic for another thread: Who picked 9 mins for the snooze, what other durations were considered, and why isn't it adjustable?
THIS!!!

Nope. Turns the alarm completely off.
Read the OP; I need to only cancel that day's alarm. Not turn it off completely, forever.
Can't help you with apple, on android i use alarm clock xtreme, works very well, everything about it is configurable, snooze duration, alarm sound or song, ramp up volume or static level, days of the week etc. when you hit dismiss you just cancel that day. you can set up different schedules and enable/disable the whole week as needed. for people who are hard to wake, you can have it give you a math problem to solve before it will stop, i've never used that seems kind of silly but maybe it is helpful to someone.

i don't think you can talk too it though, i never tried :rolleyes:

several alarm clocks on the App store, not xtreme...but this might be the solution, thanks.

several alarm clocks on the App store, not xtreme...but this might be the solution, thanks.
yea, i really like the ramp up volume because it'll wake me up before it gets REALLY annoying.

what does it look like, Mike?
Where on the lock screen?
No, it's not siri ie verbal but I would consider it...as long as it is not turning the alarm completely off. Thanks.
Set your alarm to "repeat". I don't, since I don't have a regular schedule. I haven't in years.

fullsizeoutput_1761.jpeg

Set your alarm to "repeat". I don't, since I don't have a regular schedule. I haven't in years.

Well more accurately - click on repeat and click on all the days which you want an Alarm. (Mon - Fri ?)

None of these are working.
I don't want to shut down the week's alarms.
I want to mute the one that is going to go off in 20 minutes, by telling Siri (not searching through apps and menus).
A minor annoyance, but there is nothing wrong with trying to eliminate annoyances from your life!
Like many of my wish list items, a future update will include it. I know that Apple developers get up before their alarm all the time like me.

what does it look like, Mike?
Where on the lock screen?
No, it's not siri ie verbal but I would consider it...as long as it is not turning the alarm completely off. Thanks.
Small “STOP” button at bottom of screen while alarm noise is sounding.

Hitting this silences the alarm. It will sound again next morning.

I think this is a bad idea. How many times have I said "ugh. 5 more minutes!" Id never wake up

Small “STOP” button at bottom of screen while alarm noise is sounding.
Hitting this silences the alarm. It will sound again next morning.
Thanks Mike, yup I know how it is designed to turn off.
Wanting something different.
Probably asking too much; that is I.

The thing has a motion sensor, that would work for me.
Up at 5am, pickup the phone -
"Dave, I see you are up - do you want today's 5:30am alarm silenced?"
"Yes, Siri."

I see what you are asking for. You want to silence the alarm before it has gone off yet.

Get carrot. It's a better alarm anyway and it has this option.

And the sarcasm of Carrot is entertaining

I think I may have figured out how to do what Dave is asking...

On my new iPad Pro, I have the “hey Siri” feature turned on.

Dave, did you get this solved?

I told Siri to cancel the 7:00 alarm, at 6:30am on Tue.
It did not go off on Tue.
It also did not go off on Wed however.
So yes, asking Siri to quash the alarm shuts it off but you have to remember to turn it back on sometime after it was originally planned for.

I was hoping to "cancel today's alarm only but leave it on for subsequent days"
Ie a one-step process
Thanks

Do you have the repeat function set for the days you want it to sound??

C73355E6-18E7-4972-95B7-B86D01C5FB05.jpeg

So Siri is not as smart as she looks.......who’d’ve thunk?

Do you have the repeat function set for the days you want it to sound??

Yes Mike.
It was sounding every weekday as requested.
Then I asked it to "cancel today's alarm" and it shuts off ALL the days, not just today's.
It's not a big deal. Just a tweak to our day's many minor annoyances.

So Siri is not as smart as she looks.......who’d’ve thunk?

The problem is that she tries to mix a laid-back California lifestyle with Brooklynesque sarcasm. That's a very bad combination in both people and robots. It's like the fools who programmed Hal to lie. It confuses the machine and causes very bad outcomes.

Rich

Siri is the more annoying and dumber sister of Alexa I hear. Haha. Fun at parties but don’t plan a life with her. :)

Back