N/A question for the insurance guys, er, and girls

FORANE

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
FORANE
I own a number of apartments that are paid off free and clear. they are old buildings and we do have some section 8. I have had a terrible experience with insurance over the years with few companies willing to offer coverage, unreachable agents, coverage expiring and no renewal notice sent, coverage I had no longer offered, unwilling to write general liability without hazard coverage, etc. where is the best place to look for general liability insurance for a business like mine?

I have a friend of a friend who's in that business, I can ask but don't hold your breath waiting on me.

Well I asked and found out they only own rental houses and strip malls. I thought they had apartments too. I'm guessing it might be the section 8 that's giving you trouble? Sorry I can't help :(

This is about auto insurance, but it may give a feel for the relationship you have with your insurer. LMAO...

Indeed we have discovered why the insurance company that had my policy will not return my emails about the policy and quite likely why the agent who wrote it is no longer with the company. Turns out the great premium I had was probably related to the agent issuing a policy that listed all apartment buildings as having 1 unit each rather than the 8-20+ units per building that they actually have.

Indeed we have discovered why the insurance company that had my policy will not return my emails about the policy and quite likely why the agent who wrote it is no longer with the company. Turns out the great premium I had was probably related to the agent issuing a policy that listed all apartment buildings as having 1 unit each rather than the 8-20+ units per building that they actually have.

LOL. Don’t worry. Their lawyers certainly made sure somewhere in the contract that their mistake is your loss, if you ever made a claim... :)

Good lord!

Back