SE MEETUP- February 24 Lunch @ The Flying Machine (KLZU)

Which date is better?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

RyanB

Super Administrator
Management Council Member
PoA Supporter
Display Name

Display name:
Ryan
The next Southeast POA meet-up is in the works. The plan is to meet for lunch at The Flying Machine located on field at LZU (SE enough for ya @mscard88?) around lunchtime, chat and enjoy hanging out over some $300 hamburgers.

The date is set for February 24. Hope to see some familiar faces and meet new ones too. Looking forward to another exciting day!

Confirmed POA’ers:
@Ryanb
@RDUPilot
@mtuomi
@SkyDog58 (+1)
@EppyGA +1
@Flocker +1
@wayne
@rpadula
@cgrab (+?)
@Dave Theisen
@Bill Jennings
@Lance F
Undecided/Maybe:
@midlifeflyer
@Hang 4

Last edited:
Wow one in the real Southeast! You go Ryan! ;):D

And before you ask, maybe...

5677DDDB-DA60-49B4-BF6B-DB3D43E493D2.jpeg

Better make sure they're still in business by then ;)

Stay tuned..may change locations.

Sorry. Just a friendly inside joke. I don’t either :)

LOL. You missed the joke in my reply. I just said I don't do drugs (the blow). I didn't say anything about the other thing.

It's like when I tell folks that I used to be young and dumb but not anymore. I got old.

LOL. You missed the joke in my reply. I just said I don't do drugs (the blow). I didn't say anything about the other thing.

It's like when I tell folks that I used to be young and dumb but not anymore. I got old.
Roger that! I still qualify as young and dumb. Haven’t lost the first part, yet. :)

Anything going on a DeKalb-Peachtree? Used to excellent big burgers at that café upstairs (Upwind?), and the Bomber Sq restaurant. If the other closes that is.

Right now I’m open for both. I picked the 24th to go with the flow.

Oh, too bad. And just when I was going to say I cant make it... Well actually, I'd be a definite maybe... depends on which date is finalized... 24th for me...

I thought the plan was to wait for @mscard88 to commit to a date and then the rest of us vote for the other option. :dunno:

See, I thought of that too. Figured you Atlantic guys would do something like that. So I figure I'll tell you one date, and actually up on the other date. Should work huh.

See, I thought of that too. Figured you Atlantic guys would do something like that. So I figure I'll tell you one date, and actually up on the other date. Should work huh.

Nah... we'd use double reverse psychology to reverse your reverse psychology.

Any date is good, but I may end up riding with you if that’s ok

Anything going on a DeKalb-Peachtree? Used to excellent big burgers at that café upstairs (Upwind?), and the Bomber Sq restaurant. If the other closes that is.

I'm not saying no, but the Downwind became a lot less fun after 9/11 when they implemented security measures, apparently designed to ruin ramp access to the Downwind. Beyond that, PDK has ramp fees, which chap my ass.

And that's all I've got to say about that.

I would say to plan on The Flying Machine and have the Downwind at PDK as a plan "B"

I'm not saying no, but the Downwind became a lot less fun after 9/11 when they implemented security measures, apparently designed to ruin ramp access to the Downwind. Beyond that, PDK has ramp fees, which chap my ass.

And that's all I've got to say about that.
Yeah, I tried looking at all of airports in the area with on field restaurants and LZU makes the most sense, convenience wise.

I dropped off three passengers at Epps at PDK on Monday and had lunch at the Downwind. $40 ramp fee.

I picked up those same passengers at Signature at Fulton County KFTY on Tuesday. $100 facility fee. (But they had M&Ms)

Still a lot less then their tickets for the national championship game they came here for, I’ll bet.

Back