Need a Job? Can You Keep a Secret?

Looks like Janet Airlines is looking for flight attendants. You might get to meet an alien.

http://liveandletsfly.boardingarea.com/2018/01/08/janet-airline-jobs/

P.S. Are those the original engines on that bird, or are they some kind of alien technology?
They used to fly 737-200's. Engines look right. Could be an old photo or maybe they are still flying them. Probably an easy life, couple cycles a day about 5 days a week and probably don't get very high all that often

Good gig if you retire from the military with a TS clearance.

I had a TS decades ago. Got out of that world in 1983 and never looked back. I understand the need for one for this job, but that's a lot of trouble just to be an FA. Oh well, I guess I'll stay retired. :D

Probing of sexual behavior :cool:

An FA for an 80 mile flight. Aprox. 15 min flight.

Last edited:
Saw one years ago taxing out in ATL as I was taxing too. They go other places occasionally I guess.

Some of the aliens try to slip out once in a while. Gotta go pick em' up.

Not all of them were recaptured....

th

th

P.S. Are those the original engines on that bird, or are they some kind of alien technology?

Original engines, they look like long pieces of pipe, and were fookin' loud[1] compared to today's high bypass turbofans.

But not as loud as the old 707's and 727's before they tried to quiet them down. On takeoff they were ear splitting loud.

Saw one years ago taxing out in ATL as I was taxing too. They go other places occasionally I guess.
My guess is heavy maintenance. I know Delta has held maintenance contracts for Air Force Boeings (VC-25s excluded). Wouldn't surprise me if they had the contract for Janet since they already have the appropriate clearances.

Had a friend/co-worker that quit to go fly with Janet. He stayed there about a year and is now flying with SouthWest.

My guess is heavy maintenance. I know Delta has held maintenance contracts for Air Force Boeings (VC-25s excluded). Wouldn't surprise me if they had the contract for Janet since they already have the appropriate clearances.
I would have thought that Delta has mx facilities in SLC.

Typical reporting.

"flies workers to sensitive government installations in windowless 737s"

All the Janet planes I've seen in Vegas have windows.

Yeah didn't think about that. At that time Delta was doing a lot of contract maintenance on other airlines, domestic and foreign. ATL is Delta's primary maintenance facility.

Typical reporting.

Depending what's going on, or what's there that no one should see, I would guess they'll have the windows covered at times. I had a few controller buddies who worked with the F-117 program years ago but I've lost contact with them or else I'd ask. They probably wouldn't tell me though.

the government was investigating why Georgia sports teams can't win championships.

I know you're joking but I think GA is gonna be around the top teams for awhile now as Kirby Smart is setting up GA like Bama, after all he spent around 10 years with Saban at LSU and Bama. Teams are catching up, well, except UCF. :D

Typical reporting.

Exactly. Even the plane in the photo has windows.

Just because you see the windows on the outside, doesn't mean they're not covered over on the inside.

Just because you see the windows on the outside, doesn't mean they're not covered over on the inside.
You can see that some have the shades down and some are up. They are clearly not covered if you look close enough

You can see that some have the shades down and some are up. They are clearly not covered if you look close enough

But they have the option of dealing/closing them. Had buds that were involved in stuff out there. Seems I remember one saying they were covered on his deal. Depends on what's there if the authorities don't want you seeing it, you're not gonna see it.

I had a TS decades ago. Got out of that world in 1983 and never looked back. I understand the need for one for this job, but that's a lot of trouble just to be an FA. Oh well, I guess I'll stay retired. :D

It's also a lot of trouble to go through to be a janitor in the Pentagon.

P
Original engines, they look like long pieces of pipe, and were fookin' loud[1] compared to today's high bypass turbofans.

But not as loud as the old 707's and 727's before they tried to quiet them down. On takeoff they were ear splitting loud.
P&W JT8 same as 727, last engine on civilian 707 was JT3

Back